Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, get to the ER.

*No Dr Outside Contact Please*
Includes Expert Content
Lamictal Rash
An_249976 posted:
I stopped taking lamictal 3 days ago because I started getting a slight rash and was having severe anxiety/panic attacks. Since stopping the medication, my anxiety levels are down, but the rash seems to be getting word and spreading. It's bumpy and itchy, but hurts to scratch. It burns and feels better when I lay an ice pack on it. I don't have insurance or money for an er. How risky is it to wait? Will this go away?? It's all over my chest and seems to be spreading to my shoulders. Will Benedryl help?

margaroo responded:
This needs immediate attention. Please call your pdoc.
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.

margaroo replied to margaroo's response:
Dr G, Please respond to this question.
Thanks.
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.

Joseph F Goldberg, MD replied to margaroo's response:
Dear An, I agree with margaroo, a doctor needs to evaluate your rash ASAP. Not something anybody could assess without seeing you. Dr. G.

Featuring Experts

Joseph F. Goldberg, MD, is a Clinical Professor of Psychiatry, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, New York, NY. He also maintains a private prac...More

Helpful Tips

TO DROP MY WEIGHT, I DROPPED THE DIET SOFT DRINKS.
Been on Zonegran for about five years and a type II diabetic for 35 years using metaformin and insulin. It appears the jury is in for me on ... More
Was this Helpful?
6 of 10 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.