Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, get to the ER.

*No Dr Outside Contact Please*
Please Help my meds are causing me lots of problems
An_249987 posted:
Greetings,
My diagnosis is Bipolar 2 with anxiety issues and PTSD. I also stuffer from fibromyalgia. Currently I am taking 15mg Zyprexa Zydis, 50mg prestiq, 1mg xanax 3 times and 10mg adderall twice a day as well as my meds for fibro. neurton, flexerell and loratab. People are constantly telling me I seem "out of it" or that my speech is slurred, even when I feel fine. My question is: If that is the case should I be working? Is the combination of the medications making this occur. My life is in a serious downward spiral even though I try like hell to make things better. Over the last year I have been fired from 2 jobs and that has never been I problem for me. Do symptom get harder to control the older you get? Please help me,I feel like I'm about to lose it. I have already lost so much, jobs, my car, friends. I have not had any thought of harming myself or others. just need to figure out what is causing this problem because it is effecting my life in a very bad way. i had to move back in with my parents which also includes my stepsister and her kids. They cause me anormous amounts of stress. The entire living situation is so stressful I feel like it's making everything else worse.Please help. I did try to tell my doctor but he just turn around and wrote a script for Haldol . Which I am terrified to take! I need somebody to point me in a direction that will help me understand why these things (slurred speech, "out of it" , thick tongue, loss of balance etc.)

slik_kitty responded:
go see another doc. the signs you talk of sound like you are over medicated, and adding more meds isn't going to help. you need a revamp of your meds. if what you are taking isn't working and they make you feel this way, then you need to be taking different meds. welcome to the group.

Featuring Experts

Joseph F. Goldberg, MD, is a Clinical Professor of Psychiatry, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, New York, NY. He also maintains a private prac...More

Helpful Tips

new
hello everyone.. new to this..hope to talk to others who knows how it is having bipolar. More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 2 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.