Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, get to the ER.

*No Dr Outside Contact Please*
Any truth to???
jselleck posted:
Heard something interesting on another board I belong to. Supposedly WebMd is going to a self moderated forum?? Meaning the members will be responsible for editing content and there no longer will be any experts commenting on members' posts? What's up with this??? Anyone have any ideas??? Just curious.

JSelleck

bpcookie responded:
WebMD had to cut staff to save money. So 14% of their staff were cut. This report is public knowledge and can be found by googling WebMD Staff 2013. On the report that I read, it didn't say whether or not the moderators were of the 14% BUT they all disappeared at the same time. So, as for self moderating forums, all that means is that we hit the report button any time we see something that breaks policy rules.

Anyways, I miss the moderators already.
WebMD Ambassador, BpCookie

slik_kitty responded:
they are keeping the experts. we just don't have any moderators any more. the moderators they paid, the experts aren't paid to be on here. as far as us editing? they haven't given us that power. all we have is the report button and hoping that someone will eventually see it and do something about it.

skypper responded:
That sucks
I'm gonna miss our Chrissy, she was just so unbelievably awesome!
~Sky~
When nothing's going right, go left!

friedeggs replied to skypper's response:
miss them all

Featuring Experts

Joseph F. Goldberg, MD, is a Clinical Professor of Psychiatry, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, New York, NY. He also maintains a private prac...More

Helpful Tips

NSAIDS and lithiumExpert
Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (eg, Motrin/ibuprofen, Advil, Naprosyn) raise lithium levels by about 20%. We often therefore say ... More
Was this Helpful?
68 of 91 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.