Skip to content

Announcements

Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, get to the ER.

*No Dr Outside Contact Please*
Baffled and Sad
BaffledAndSad posted:
In the REALLY short version....

Met this great girl five months ago, and it has been an emotional roller coaster to say the least, and found out she has three prescriptions:

Clorazepate, trazodone, and Prozac. What would a person be prescribed all three of these for? I know how to research, and I know what each does, but what disorder would this most likely combination be for?

I am at my wits end some days. I deeply care for her, and just want a better picture of why she acts the way she does sometimes. It has been a long time since I have met someone, years and years actually, like this; and she is terribly sensitive to this kind of thing, and exactly why I didn't just ask. I have been through a lot of stuff in my life, and am a fairly strong guy, but I don't know how much longer I can go with this, and it kills me to even think about ending things with her, but like I said earlier I just wish I had some answers....

Your help is greatly appreciated.

bpcookie responded:
Hello Baffled, Its very hard to say for sure what she is taking these meds for since they cover many different health issues. But, yes, a Bipolar person could be prescribed these. What you really need to do is just ASK her. If you love her and want to be with her then get up the nerve to ask her. If you can't then your relationship with this girl is already over.

Ok, I hate to get rough with you but I think I must. Kidding of course. *Cookie takes Baffled by the shoulders and shakes him*. Please, if you find out whats going on with her then you can help her and if you can help her then you can help yourself and then your relationship will blossom.

Good luck to you and may you both be happy for ever.
WebMD Health Ambassador, BpCookie

Featuring Experts

Joseph F. Goldberg, MD, is a Clinical Professor of Psychiatry, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, New York, NY. He also maintains a private prac...More

Helpful Tips

Screen out people who can't seem to "get it"....
There are some people who can't or won't understand at all. My wife is bipolar, and some people are more understanding than others. We ... More
Was this Helpful?
34 of 40 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.