Skip to content

Announcements

Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, get to the ER.

*No Dr Outside Contact Please*
dont know
ddnos posted:
space. trip. make sleep with sleep pills. stand in ..
Forgiveness is letting go of the hope that the past could have been any different --Unknown

slik_kitty responded:
are you ok dd? hugs

ddnos replied to slik_kitty's response:
yes im fine. thanks kitty. slep over 12 hrs from last night now feel over tired try to stay awake. still in jammies no shower no grocery shopping no ice cream. but ok thanks for asking.
hugs
debbie
Forgiveness is letting go of the hope that the past could have been any different --Unknown

slik_kitty replied to ddnos's response:
glad you are ok. hope today is better for you. hugs

ddnos replied to slik_kitty's response:
thanks Kitty, so do I. Trigger

Found out Sat that they took out 6 lymph nodes from tdoc and one of them had cancer cells. Depending on the size of the cells will determine if another surgery or anything beyond radiation. Also found out my elderly neighbor, coffee bud is in hospital and may not come out, and she's disappointed that she's still here cus thought it would be sooner when she got there. I will try to go see her today, but call first.
I was up all night - well, maybe an hour of sleep. but i knew that woud happen cus of too much sleep yesterday. will take me a day to get back on track re sleep times. Feeling sort of contrary re my tdoc - i mean, part of me feels hope and that she will be fine since they caught it early, and part of me feels sad and a lil scared for in case it doesn't go so well. I'm forcing myself not to think too much about the second part though because it only makes me feel worse. Right now things are hopeful and i need to keep my thoughts in that direction.

Hope you are doing well.
Hugs
Debbie

bpcookie replied to ddnos's response:
Debbie dahling, Im truly sorry about your tdoc. I know how close you are to her. Since they caught it early then her outlook is so much better. So try to think happy thoughts.

Think about how much money you could make if you and kitty buy an acre of land and plant wacky weed. hugs hun
WebMD Health Ambassador, BpCookie

ddnos replied to bpcookie's response:
Well, Cookie, between you and me, I think that Kitty has already had too much wacky weed. lol Just kidding, Kitty! lol

Thanks for your thoughts, Cookie! I know that her prognosis is pretty good at this point, and for that I am grateful. Her words just keep echoing through my head when she told me. It was one of things I never wanted to hear her say, but then again, who would want to hear anyone say that, huh? But you know what I mean? I know this doesn't mean a life sentence for her, yet at the same time, I know it could. I am horrible when it comes to the unknown, so not knowing how bad or not bad it's going to be for her is difficult. It's also hard because she's my therapist and I can't be there for her as I would a friend because she's not my friend - she's my therapist. Yet we have so much history together that we share a bond that is still professional, but goes deeper than just a therapist/client relationship. I'm feeling like I have to be the strong one and that I can't burden her with my issues, but I know that's not true. She's obviously taking time off from doing therapy for a while anyway, so when she comes back, she'll be ready to lay her stuff down while she's helping me with mine. But in the meantime, I don't want her to know anything that I'm going through. I don't want it to be about me even though she knows me all too well to already know what I'm going through. She doesn't know how long she will have to take leave because she doens't know what she'll be going through. She thinks that with the radiation, she may be tired, but could do phone sessions if needed. We'll see. You know how it is when you can't have something, you want it more? lol Well that's how I'm starting to feel about therapy, i.e. I know that I can't see her for a while, so I want to see her today! lol But she will be fine, and I will be fine; it's naturally hard when someone you love tells you they have cancer no matter how good the prognosis is.

Well, I didn't mean to ramble, but there you have it.

Hugs
Debbie

bpcookie replied to ddnos's response:
OMG, I just knew Kitty was smoking something. lol. Poor Kitty, I just gotta pick on her every now and then. That way she will know I love her.

I understand how your feeling hun. Everything your saying is what I'm going through. When someone tells you they have cancer, its like a bus just ran over you. Its such a shock. When my step mother told me she had cancer, I didn't panic at first but then after a few months it hit me. I feel like you do, I need to be strong for her. Its just so hard to choke back the tears. And I feel so darn helpless. I want to fix her but I can't. Its frustrating.

Also, just like you, I don't want to burden my mother with my health issues. Mine seem so small compared to hers. One day I called her and I was crying because of my LSC pain. She didn't know that I had it until recently. Then I felt so bad for crying to her about it. uuuggghhh. Its like, what can you do?

Oh and on top of that, I found out a few weeks ago that a friend of mine has cancer. geez. Does it ever stop?

Well honey I've blabbed to you enough. I just wanted you to know that I know what your going through. Your not alone. Big hugs and sloppy muahs
WebMD Health Ambassador, BpCookie

margaroo replied to bpcookie's response:
((((((((((((((((((((((( Debbie ))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

I'm going the to store now for the ice cream....be there soon.

Maggie
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.

ddnos replied to margaroo's response:
{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{Maggie}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}} I can always count on you for my ice cream! Thanks bud!

Debbie

Featuring Experts

Joseph F. Goldberg, MD, is a Clinical Professor of Psychiatry, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, New York, NY. He also maintains a private prac...More

Helpful Tips

Differentiating bipolar disorder from borderline personality disorderExpert
Borderline personality disorder is a condition in which people can very easily become angry and upset in response to stresses -- especially ... More
Was this Helpful?
110 of 127 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.