Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, get to the ER.

*No Dr Outside Contact Please*
Sick of being sick Sunday daily post. Possible triggers.
jselleck posted:
Well, today makes the 4th out of the past 7 days that I've felt like hades. Last Sunday I was puking my guts out thanks to a bad drug (can't prove but pretty dang sure) the past 3 I've been coughing my fool head off and had the worst sore throat I've had in a long time. So please forgive me if I sound pessimistic.

Weather: Not sure. Supposed to be cold though. Maybe high 50's. Better than back home in Indiana, but I still can't wait for spring.

Sleep: So-so. Neck hurt all night so it wasn't the best sleep. Plus only got 7 hours or so. Must be getting manic again. Cause I usually sleep more than that.

Plans: Not going to church because I don't want to make my friends sick, so I'll probably "velcro myself to my recliner." Trying to decide if I'm sick enough to ask my friend to take me to the urgent care place in town. Haven't made up my mind yet. Got til noon to do so. Need to clean some because hubbie's uncle called out of the blue yesterday and informed us that him and his wife are coming to Texas in Febuary and would like to see us. Should be interesting since I don't really like hubbie's uncle. All I'm saying is I will not be responsible for any sparks that fly. Especially if we're both manic at time of visit. (Yep, uncle is bipolar.)

Well that's my week-end in a nutshell. Was supposed to see a movie this week with hubbie but even though I'm dying to do so, not going unless cough is better. Not fair to other patrons if I'm coughing my head off during the film. Take care my friends and have a good day.

J

bpcookie responded:
Hello dahlings,

Weather: been raining for two days . love it

sleep: terrible. I still have bronchitis and some sort of head cold so I didnt sleep well. When I did sleep I had nightmares

Mood: eh

Plans: rest.

Have a wonderful day. muahs
WebMD Health Ambassador, BpCookie

bpcookie responded:
J honey, Make sure you take care of that cold. If its not better soon, see your Dr. or go to Urgent Care like you said. Ive been up there twice in one week. So dont take any chances. Get well soon. muah

jselleck replied to bpcookie's response:
Thanks for the advice Cookie honey. Just checked into urgent care center. Waiting for them to call me back. Hope you feel better too!!!

J

bpcookie replied to jselleck's response:
Im so glad you decided to go. Hope they fix you up

mattthecat replied to jselleck's response:
As usual a big Howdy from the wonder full land of cows and gas that is called Texas.

weather - over cast and warm may get in the mid to high 70s

Sleep- more then needed/ to much.

Mood- N/A starting to have cabin fever as I go into day four of staying of my feet as much as possible.

Plans- None really continue to rest my feet play on the computer and let cats crawl over me as I nap out on and off.
do not let me fool you even with cabin fever starting to kick in this is Heaven minus my soar feet of course.

Cookie I hope you have feel better some time soon.

Every one else I wish you a wonderful Sunday.

Matt

ddnos responded:
Hey J, I sure hope you get to feeling better soon! Sounds similar to what I had a couple weeks ago and I was in bed for a week and I thought I would cough my throat out, or my guts out. lol Anyway, if you went to Urgent Care, I hope they were able to give you something to help. I had to take anti-biotics to get better.

Weather - 40's off and on rain

Sleep - about an hour

Plans - grocery shopping, will call my friend at the hospital to see if she's up for a visit - hate to say it, but she may not even be there. Sigh. I'm avoiding the call. Get some house cleaning done and maybe, if I'm not too sore later, get some writing done. Other than that, gonna chill out.
Forgiveness is letting go of the hope that the past could have been any different --Unknown

margaroo replied to ddnos's response:
Good afternoon my friends!

Weather: Cool with light sprinkles off and on.

Sleep: Good.

Mood: Anxious. I have found myself more anxious in past few months, and my pdoc changed me from Seroquel to Abilify. Today was my first dose, so I will wait a while to pass judgement. There are a benefit from my anxiety, an overwhelming desire to organize. The down side is that my body can not keep up with my mind and well....you can figure that one out. I'm trying very hard not to piss my husband off.

Plans: Finish reorganizing my supplies, etc into a different file cabinet so my room can be painted. I have 2/3 of the job done, but it has to be done by Tuesday.

It seems like there is a lot of coughing and misery going around. Let Momma Maggie fix you a bowl of chicken soup and give you a box of the extra soft tissues.

There, there....Warm kitty, soft kitty, little ball of fur.....
(For those who don't recognize this, it is from "The Big Bang Theory".)

Hugs,

Maggie
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.

Featuring Experts

Joseph F. Goldberg, MD, is a Clinical Professor of Psychiatry, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, New York, NY. He also maintains a private prac...More

Helpful Tips

Differentiating bipolar disorder from borderline personality disorderExpert
Borderline personality disorder is a condition in which people can very easily become angry and upset in response to stresses -- especially ... More
Was this Helpful?
109 of 126 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.