Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, get to the ER.

*No Dr Outside Contact Please*
My Journey
ddnos posted:
Just an part of something I've been writing off and on for years. It's called, "My Journey" It's symbolically about my journey on the path to healing.

"After hours of contemplating while lying on the grass, I got up and walked a little ways down the hill. I wanted to be alone because my new guide just wasn't the same as Lady Counselor. It didn't matter how hard I tried, she simply couldn't understand that I had already traveled down the trails she was trying to take me. More and more, I traveled this journey alone.

Days and weeks passed by with very little trouble, and I was able to walk for stretches at a time without a guide; but sometimes I got scared or I ran into treacherous parts of the journey that caused me to call on my guide for help. She would be there when I called, but it was as though she offered me an empty glass of water on a hot summer's day.

One day my heart felt so heavy. I was confused and overcome with grief. I kept running into dead end paths and I couldn't find my way out. I SO wished for Lady Counselor because I knew she would know what to do. In that moment I cried out to the empty sky and said, "Lady Counselor, can you please help me just one more time? I'm having such difficulty, and my guide doesn't seem to know what to do; so could you please help me?"

I heard something behind me. I turned around and to my utter surprise and delight, there was Lady Counselor! I could hardly contain my joy! I didn't think I would ever see her again, but there she was right in front of me, welcoming me with a smile and outstretched arms! I couldn't believe my eyes! I knew that I was going to make it out of this snare of sadness and confusion because Lady Counselor was there to help me!

Though I was still stricken with grief, a taste of joy fell over me because I felt hope!

Lady Counselor and I started walking along the trail as though never missing beat. I felt so safe having her by my side again. Then, interrupting my place of momentary tranquility, Lady Counselor asked me which road I would like to travel. I was suddenly transported back to the reality that had me crying out for her help in the first place, and tears began streaming down my face.

I showed Lady Counselor my wounds and explained to her that I got them on the trail that led to the "House of Black Cloud," a place so dangerous that even the paths leading to its borders are laced with traps and tricks that are set to lure in every unsuspecting soul. Its walls were made of darkness, and hopelessness cried out from every corner. The air itself was suffocating and void of life, and I had succumbed to its grip with no apparent way of escape until now.

Lady Counselor listened to me with her heart, the way she always did; and together we walked along the path that led us away from the House of Black Cloud and toward the Tree of Hope."

Debbie
Forgiveness is letting go of the hope that the past could have been any different --Unknown

slik_kitty responded:
wow. that is good. hugs

ddnos replied to slik_kitty's response:
Awwww thank you Kitty!

Debbie
Forgiveness is letting go of the hope that the past could have been any different --Unknown

bpcookie responded:
Debbie Doodles Dahling, Your writing is so heartfelt. How wonderful that you can reach deep inside of you and put it all down on paper, or computer. Do ppl put things down on paper anymore? Anyways, I loved it. hugs
WebMD Health Ambassador, BpCookie

Featuring Experts

Joseph F. Goldberg, MD, is a Clinical Professor of Psychiatry, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, New York, NY. He also maintains a private prac...More

Helpful Tips

JUST BREATHE!!!!
I did it! I'm where I need to be. I'm in waiting room, listining to a suggested song~ Fast Car ~ My all time fav. Thanks for the reminder. ... More
Was this Helpful?
4 of 5 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.