Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, get to the ER.

*No Dr Outside Contact Please*
Wild Wednesday Daily Bipolar Post/ possible trigger
bpcookie posted:
Hello Dahlings, Wednesday should simply be spelled Wensday. What smarty paints threw the D in there?

Weather: over cast. bummer. Hope the sun comes out to play

Sleep: pretty good

Mood: ok

Plans: I have a dentist apt. today. He's going to make the mold for my Veneers. Im going to use the Veneers to hold my teeth in place. Kinda like a retainer. My top teeth are starting to move, so Im gonna stop them in their tracks. I didn't wear braces in high school for over two years, for nothing. Also I may sneak in a trip to the store to buy a few beads. hehehe

Have a good day peeps. muahs
WebMD Health Ambassador, BpCookie

tryforever responded:
Hey Cookie

Weather: Sunny but cold

Sleep: 6 hours plus a couple on the couch

Plans: I have an appointment with my pdoc today. Im a little stressed about it because I have been really depressed lately, hard to get moving each day...

Hope everyone is having a good day!

L

jselleck replied to tryforever's response:
Howdy from the great state of Texas!!

Weather: Blue skies, a few fair weather clouds, and Warm!!! Supposed to get up to 68. Lovin' it!!!

Sleep: Not enough. Hubbie had a appt at 8:30 am and had to get up waaayy to early. Hope to get a nap before pt.

Mood: Upbeat. Positive for a change.

Plans: Took hubbie to dermatologist, finally got a good diagnoses for his skin problem. Ran to the bank, home again home again jiggle de jig. Have pt later this afternoon then grocery shopping. Typical boring day. Hope everyone has a good day. Take care .

J

skypper responded:
Howdy everyone!!!

Our weather today is oddly overcast and weird...

Sleep was alright got about 5 hours I think

Mood feels fine today, people around here will be relieved, hehehe

Plans:
Well I took kids to school, made lunch, went for my jog and it really messed with my back so now i've been laying here icing the various parts for a lil over an hour now Back problems and chronic pain just suck a@@
I need to pick kiddos up from school and make dinner still. Thankfully I got quite a bit of cleaning done yesterday so today can be a light day for me. Oh and re-scheduled my sons meeting with his home-school teacher till Friday because today just wasn't/isn't a possibility.
Have a happy day everyone, hugs to all who want or need them!!!!

Cookie get those beads and have fun hun!!

TryForever, I hope your appt goes well and doc is able to help you!

J, your day sounds busy, hope it flies by then you gt to go home and relax

My new jogging buddy here!!! lol
~Sky~
When nothing's going right, go left!

margaroo replied to skypper's response:
Good afternoon my friends!

Weather: Started out cool and cloudy, but the sun is now shining.

Sleep: Terrible. Woke up 3 times. I started a new muscle relaxant last night and didn't take Seroquel to help me sleep because I was not sure the combo would make it hard for me to wake up. I after the second time I woke up, I took some Seroquel and slept a couple more hours. Not enough though.

Mood: Irritable, frustrated and physically uncomfortable. The bedroom is being painted, so I am on the couch, but I have to change positions often.

Plans: Ya gotta be kidding! I need to get over my moods to have any real plans. I make a huge pot of chili last night so we have plenty for tonight. The only real plans is to hit the bed as soon as the paint in the room dries and vege in front of my TV. Hopefully tomorrow I can get some needed shopping done at Costco.

Hugs to all, extra to those who need them. You know who you are.

Maggie
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.

skypper replied to margaroo's response:
Heya Maggie, do ya feel like sharing your chili crockpot recipe?
I'm always looking for new things to add that will last and be easy for me with all these mouths to feed (:

Sorry you didn't sleep well and your moods are a mess, i hope you feel better very soon (((((hugs)))))
~Sky~

bpcookie replied to skypper's response:
Michelle honey, LMAO re. the pick from Reno 911. I think thats what its called. That shownis hilarious.

I hear you about the chronic pain. Having to sit in dentist chair killed my neck and tail bone. Now Im sitting on a heatin pad and using my Ipad. I didn't get a chance to buy beads but I did buy three cute dresses from Ross and it only cost me a total of $14.

I was gonna ask you if you having any problems getting your pain meds? The DEA is making it almost impossible to get them. Im down to one pill of Hydro left. The bottle lasted me for 8 months. Im afraid to ask my dr. for a refill.

Any ways darling, hagd. muah
WebMD Health Ambassador, BpCookie

skypper replied to bpcookie's response:
Heya cooks, I've never seen that actual show but have seen excepts from it which were pretty funny.
I haven't ever had any probs getting my pain meds refilled, a few months back my dr did have me sign a paper saying how they were addictive and harmful if abused, long term effects and etc w/all the details which i thought was a weird thing to give me after a year or 2 of prescribing them...maybe they dropped the ball on that? Who knows.

But I switched my PCP & have a new doc now who I haven't seen yet, I keep forgetting to call and make an appt. My .last pain pill refill was in Nov but I've still got more than half the bottle of norco that was supposed to last one month thankfully because days like today i need them to at least TRY and help the pain. I'm back on the ice pack now on the loveseat in my room on my netbook...this sucks
~Sky~

margaroo replied to skypper's response:
Sky ~ The recipe is not for a crock pot. I haven't found one that I like. I make this for dinner one night and then heat it up the next morning and then put it in the crock pot to keep hot. It tastes better that way. It is an easy recipe, you only have to chop onions and mince garlic, then add beef and brown it. Then add canned whole tomatoes, tomato sauce and the beans. I'll email you a copy if you want. If you don't have my email address, Cookie can give it to you.
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.

jselleck replied to margaroo's response:
Sky, I've got one I use in my crock pot. 1lb ground meat or lean ground meat, what ever you prefer. 1 Onion chopped, 1 package chili seasonings or 2 table spoons chili powder whichever you prefer, 1 can red chili beans, enough tomato juice to cover half of crock pot.(usually between 1/2 to 3/4 of can. I have a 4 quart crock pot.) Brown meat, then add it, onion, beans, then seasoning. Slowly add tomato juice and stir till mixed thoroughly. Cook on medium heat stirring about once a half hour or so for 2-3 hours. If you want to eat later than that, cook on low. Makes about four to six servings. Sometimes more if I use smaller bowls. (We use special chili bowls made by fiesta ware.)

Possible add ins: Elbow macaroni or spaghetti. 1/4 cup leftover ketchup or spaghetti sauce. 1 to 2 cans diced tomatoes. 1/2 14 oz bag of peanut m&ms. ( you can't even taste the chocolate. makes a really yummy chili) You can also increase the tomato juice if you want a really soupy chili. I like mine kinda thick, so I only use enough to fill half the pot.

If you don't want to make chili, use the same recipe to make chili mac'n'burger. Just don't add the beans or onion and decrease the tomato juice. Matt loves when I make that. Good luck!!!

Another really easy recipe that my mom gave me is for salsa soup.

2 grilled chicken breasts cubed.
1 can whole kernel corn
1 large jar salsa of your choice (We use mild)
Corn or tortilla chips

Mix chicken, corn, and salsa in medium crock pot. Cover and heat on low for two to three hours or til desired temperature is reached, stirring about once a half hour while cooking.

Layer bowl with favorite corn or tortilla chips and cover with corn/chicken/salsa mix. Enjoy!!! Can also be eaten with flour or corn tortillas like tacos. I think makes about 4 to 6 bowls. Not sure how many "tacos". Haven't made in a while.

Possible additions: Sour cream, cheese, chopped onion, lettuce if making tacos, nacho cheese or any cheese sauce, hot sauce, pico sauce brown or black beans, rice. Be creative!!! Oh, and mom swears that this is modifiable to the microwave, but I've never been brave enough to try or ask her how do that.

Happy cooking and have fun!!!!

Jess

skypper replied to margaroo's response:
Thank you J and Maggie.
my email addy is TiggerLakes@hotmail.com
~Sky~

Featuring Experts

Joseph F. Goldberg, MD, is a Clinical Professor of Psychiatry, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, New York, NY. He also maintains a private prac...More

Helpful Tips

Differentiating bipolar disorder from borderline personality disorderExpert
Borderline personality disorder is a condition in which people can very easily become angry and upset in response to stresses -- especially ... More
Was this Helpful?
109 of 126 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.