Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, get to the ER.

*No Dr Outside Contact Please*
my battle with mental illness
An_250311 posted:
have been diagnosed as being bi-polar, have adhd, and borderline personality disorder....i struggle with it every day....i've had several suicide attempts....i've been on just about every medication there is...i notice there's times when i get overwhelmed or anxious i get really bad hot flashes...i want to get help for it all, i just can't afford it....i'm about at the end of my rope with it all...any suggestions for me

Take the Poll

how can i get help for my illnesses when i can't afford it
  • i'm confused of what to do
  • need coping skills
vote
View Poll Results

slik_kitty responded:
check out your county mental health center. they charge based on your ability to pay if you don't have insurance. they also will help you get free or low cost meds. welcome to the group.

skypper replied to slik_kitty's response:
I would like to add that you can find your local mental health clinic by looking in the blue pages of any phone book
~Sky~
When nothing's going right, go left!

ddnos replied to skypper's response:
...and to add to that, just a question - are you on disability or are you able to work? ........if you're not on disabilty and are still able to work, there's also Medicaid, that if you qualifly for, could get medical help.

If you don't know where your local Medicaid office is, here's a link where you just click on your State and it will show you where yours is. I would see what they could do to help.

http://www.northeastcenter.com/links_medicaid_offices_by_state.htm

Best to you
Debbie
Forgiveness is letting go of the hope that the past could have been any different --Unknown

Featuring Experts

Joseph F. Goldberg, MD, is a Clinical Professor of Psychiatry, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, New York, NY. He also maintains a private prac...More

Helpful Tips

Screen out people who can't seem to "get it"....
There are some people who can't or won't understand at all. My wife is bipolar, and some people are more understanding than others. We ... More
Was this Helpful?
34 of 40 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.