Thankful Thursday Daily Post - May Contain Triggers
ddnos posted:
Good Morning!

Weather - 37, cloudy, rainy off and on

Sleep - restless

Mood - good

Plans - shave my legs lol, update my medical journal, clean the bathroom, chat with my Aussie mate this afternoon, go for a long walk, make a few business calls
Forgiveness is letting go of the hope that the past could have been any different --Unknown

skypper responded:
Top of the mornin' to ya doodles!

Weather today appears to be warm enough, sun is out today at least

Sleep was terrible I was awake most all night with back pain

Mood: It's ok bp-wise, but in regards to my body I feel terrible like crappola and just sad and exhausted of being in pain, also angry about it too.

Plans:
Take my son to algebra tutoring, clean the kitchen, throwing a frozen lasagna I pre-made in the oven for dinner so no cooking for me again today. And really just take it easy and rest, probably will be icing my back off and on all day again today, plus I also feel a migraine coming on too, lovely.

Oh and call to make an appointment with my new doctor to see if she can help me with my deteriorating mess of a body!

You know it just really sucks because I'm trying, I have been TRYING to be healthy, eat healthier, make better choices, exercise and stretch regularly like I know I'm supposed to and then something like this will happen and throw me back...it's really disappointing. *sighs*

Well nothing I can do but roll with it, right? So I'm going to rest up, hope it feels better soon so I can get back to my routine. I'm used to having some pain daily now, usually I'm between a 3 and 4, and that's my "normal" been there for a long while now, at least a year, and it doesn't get into the super terrible bad range often like before but when it does, well there's just no ignoring that!

Have a great day everybody, the weekend is almost here!!!!! Woooot~!!!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And.....who can relate to this one~!!! HAHAHA
~Sky~
When nothing's going right, go left!

margaroo replied to skypper's response:
Sky ~
Loved the police sick humor. I am with ya with being tired with the pain. I think an ice cream pity party is just the thing. I'll pick up Debbie and maybe Cookie. Anyone else want to come?
~ Maggie
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.

ddnos replied to margaroo's response:
Woooooo hooooooo for the ice cream, Maggie! Cept it can't be pitty ice cream, it's gotta be "imonnakickyerbuttpain" party ice cream, ok? lol
Forgiveness is letting go of the hope that the past could have been any different --Unknown

margaroo replied to margaroo's response:
Good morning my friends!

Weather: Sunny, in the 60's.

Sleep: I woke up twice with the back pain, but the new muscle relaxer seems to help a little.

Mood: Good! Well, I ply myself with 4 cups of tea when I wake up and it is just enough caffeine to enhance my pain medication and kill the headache. The pain is breaking through, so I'll make another pot now.

Plans: Go to Party City to get things for a friend's bridal shower. She is 67 and met her fiance online! She has been divorced for 35 years, so it is wonderful to see her so happy. A few of us are getting together for a shower. We decided she needed some sexy underwear, etc. I'm giving her a peignoir set and I am going to the 99 cent store and get some of the sexy underwear and the lacy camisoles to string around the front room as decorations. It is going to be funny to see (ahem) mature ladies giving a personal shower ( I am the youngest). The oldest of the ladies is 72 and an ordained minister. She is down and out raunchy! I wish I could record some of the conversation. I am a bit on the prudish side, so I know I will be blushing along with the bride. It will be so much fun!

Hugs to all,

Maggle

margaroo replied to ddnos's response:
Debbie ~ I like your idea better, less negative and it sounds like it could be fun!

Good call,

Hugs ~ Maggie

Sandtiger responded:
Weather: dark and wet and stormy

Sleep: normal

Mood: pretty darn good.

Plans: stay late at work, until the meeting tonight, that will last until about 7:30. From then on, some coworkers are taking me out to a birthday dinner.

~ San
:: Living is more than just being alive - Anberlin ::

margaroo replied to Sandtiger's response:
Hey San, I didn't know about your birthday. I must have missed it. Have a great time!
Hugs ~ Maggie

bpcookie responded:
Hello dahlings

Weather: very nice

Sleep: it was ok but I got cranky in the middle of the night. My dog kept jumping up on my husband and waking him up. So I was going to take her into the other bedroom with me so that she wouldn't bother my husband. I take my pillows in there and when I get back to our bedroom to get my dog, she is laying in my usual place. Hubby tells me to just leave her. I got so grumpy with him. I said "I got replaced with a dog. I was doing this for you. I do not want to sleep in the blah blah spare room". I was livid. Finally get back into our bed and I was so pissy I couldnt get to sleep right away. LOL

Mood: pretty good

Plans: clean the house. uuuggghhh. bling bling some of my dress that I bought yesterday from Ross. I bought a dress for 49 cents and it was cute and there was nothing wrong with it. So now Im blinging it.

Have a good one peeps. muahs
WebMD Health Ambassador, BpCookie

jselleck replied to bpcookie's response:
Wow, wish I could find a dress that cheap!!! Sooo need to find something for a funeral I have to attend in late June. (Long story) Sorry about the pain Sky and Margoo. Sooo feeling ya!!! Mine hurts so bad that I broke down and called my back doctor. See him next wednesday. Ice cream sounds wonderful!!!! But only lots and lots of vanilla for me. Can't stand anything else. Especially chocolate. (I'm the family freak. Blame my mom. That's almost the only the only thing she ate while pregnant with me. She could down a quart of rocky road with chocolate syrup in no time.)

Weather: Cloudy, but WARM!!! Was 78 yesterday and should be close to that today I think.

Sleep: Couldn't fall asleep AGAIN!!!! Went to bed around 4 am. Got up waaayyy to early.

Mood: Curiously optimistic considering everything.

Plans: As little as possible. I HURT!!!! Determined to fix dinner though. It's a tradition ever since I quit working. Besides if I don't, hubbie will. Shudder. (Just kidding. He's a really good cook. Just don't feel like fighting over it.) If back gets well enough (fingers crossed) straighten the front some more and put away some videos. Been really lazy about unpacking stuff from December. Thank goodness for an understanding husband!!!! You're wonderful sweetie. And a really good friend who lets you store stuff at his place forever. Well that's my life today. Take care everyone and have a wonderful fantastic day.

J

skypper replied to jselleck's response:
An ice cream party sounds super great! It's been a long time since I've had one of those, I'll bring the sauces-Chocolate sauce, caramel, butterscotch, hot fudge, strawberry and whatever else I can find!
~Sky~
When nothing's going right, go left!