Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, get to the ER.

*No Dr Outside Contact Please*
Depressed in the Northwest
ddnos posted:
I didn't just become depressed today or yesterday, but seems for the past 1-2 months, I have found myself back on this path off and on. The primary symtoms that I have been struggling with the most are 1) lack of motivation, 2) "I don't care" feeling, 3) excessive sleeping.........all of those things are not only symptoms of my depression, but they also feed it. I know what I need to do that will get me out of this trap, but every morning when it comes time to do it, the "I don't care" mindset and no motivation keep me from moving forward (most of the time).

The longer I spin my wheels, the more depressed I feel, the more I criticise myself for being lazy and undisciplined.

I know myself, and I know that I will eventually get a burst of, "I NEED to do something about this regardless of how I feel" and I will do it, but while in the moment, I wonder how that will ever happen. I mean, I know it won't "just happen" but I will have to make it happen - but something has to "click" insiide before it does.

However, right now, I'm depressed. I haven't taken a shower today, am still in my jammies, didn't get grocery shopping done, or anything, for that matter. At least the previous 3 days were much better. That's how I've been - 1 day on, 2 days off, 3 days on, 1 day off, 3 days on, 5 days off. Sigh.
Forgiveness is letting go of the hope that the past could have been any different --Unknown

slik_kitty responded:
you NEED to go get ice cream. so shower, get dressed, and head to the store.

ddnos replied to slik_kitty's response:
lol Kitty, well, I've had my shower and am dressed and about on my way to the store, and I do plan on picking up some ice cream! lol
Forgiveness is letting go of the hope that the past could have been any different --Unknown

slik_kitty replied to ddnos's response:
go get em!!!!!!!

monkeybee responded:
Me too. I'm right there with you....and I feel over the past few weeks like I'm bringing my kids down too. I'm sorry you are struggling, maybe we can have some ice cream together? Good suggestion kitty.

Featuring Experts

Joseph F. Goldberg, MD, is a Clinical Professor of Psychiatry, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, New York, NY. He also maintains a private prac...More

Helpful Tips

Differentiating bipolar disorder from borderline personality disorderExpert
Borderline personality disorder is a condition in which people can very easily become angry and upset in response to stresses -- especially ... More
Was this Helpful?
110 of 127 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.