Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, get to the ER.

*No Dr Outside Contact Please*
Guess What?
bpcookie posted:
I got Skype. Guess what again? I have NO clue how to use it. Kinda sorta. So now maybe I can yack at the peeps who have yahoo.
WebMD Health Ambassador, BpCookie
FirstPrevious12NextLast

slik_kitty responded:
why don't you just get yahoo? it's alot easier. he he he

sandtiger responded:
Yay! I have skype too - we could do video calls! woot!

hahahaha

~ San
:: Living is more than just being alive - Anberlin ::

jselleck replied to sandtiger's response:
I think it's on my computer, but I've never used it. My sister in law used it while her hubbie was over sea for a year, but I've heard it can cost a bloody fortune. How about you guys???? How much do you spend on it??? Just curious. Hubbie so far is dead set against me doing anything with it till me find out how much it'll cost. Sigh, hate being poor.

J

bpcookie replied to jselleck's response:
Its free. You can buy upgrades but you really don't have to unless you want some kind of fancy smancy stuff. Im pretty sure that I can make a video call, a computer call and also group chats.

bpcookie replied to bpcookie's response:
also, I don't know how to add or invite anyone. Does anyone here know?

ddnos responded:
Cookie, that's how my friend and i from Australia chat, via Skype. It's really easy and the reception is clear! The only thing different about it from the phone is that it's one duplex instead of two, which means only one can talk at a time...meaning, if you are talking and I say, "uh huh" you will get cut off for that second...but you get used to that and if you want to interrupt, you just start saying" stop stop stop ..hey! wait!" lol but it sounds bad or irritating, but its really not, especially given that its free! But that's how we chat for free. Sometimes I call her on the phone, but mostly Skype. If you want, you could practice on me - but not to day because i have appt and then chat with my aussie mate, then dinner with a friend, so maybe we could email and set up a day/time if you want, huh?

Ok, gotta run so I'm not late for my DVR apt. She gonna tell me the results of my assessment from last week! Oooo scary! lol

Hugs
Debbie
Forgiveness is letting go of the hope that the past could have been any different --Unknown

bpcookie replied to ddnos's response:
yea, I used to chat with some friends in Germany by computer cam. Its so cool, not only can you chat but you can also see the person.

You will have to send me an invite cause I have no clue how to send anyone an invite yet. Every time I try, skype tells me that it does not exists. I say "liar liar, pants on fire"

ddnos replied to bpcookie's response:
Cookie, likely the reason skype tells you they don't exist is because the person you are inviting has to be signed up wtih Skype - you can't just enter the persons email and expect them to "exist" in skypes world. lol Like, if you entered my email address, it would show me there because I have a Skype account.

Debbie
Forgiveness is letting go of the hope that the past could have been any different --Unknown

bpcookie responded:
re- Skype. peeps, upload or down load Skype, that way we can call each other or even do the computer cam. thingy. LOL. I chatted with DD yesterday and it was so much fun.

sandtiger replied to bpcookie's response:
I forget ... can you set up a group chat thingy and talk to multiple people at one time, or no?

~ San
:: Living is more than just being alive - Anberlin ::

bpcookie replied to sandtiger's response:
you can chat with multi ppl but I don't think the multi thing works with live chat (telephone thingy) or comp. video thingy.

you actually can do a group chat where you can hear everyone's voice - if you want it video conference, there are certain requirements. But you just click the "create a group" option at the bottom of your contacts list, and then drag from your contacts list people you want to chat with to the group box. You can have up to 25 people in a non-video group, but 15, they say, would be better quality.

bpcookie replied to ddnos's response:
Hear every ones voice? 15? OMG, I would be banging my head against the wall. hehehe. I already hear voices in my head, hearing more will only cause me more confusion. Only kidding. It would be cool for a bunch of us to chat at one time. So guys, upload Skype.

lol you wouldn't hear everyone at once because of the single duplex, so it would actually be kind of hard to do, i think, because of having to wait for one person to stop before the other could talk. 3-5 would be hard, let alone, 15. lol

Featuring Experts

Joseph F. Goldberg, MD, is a Clinical Professor of Psychiatry, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, New York, NY. He also maintains a private prac...More

Helpful Tips

Medications for BPD
Please get a second opinion if you have chronic problems with your BPD medication. I changed doctors and got a proper diagnosis from ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 2 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.