Skip to content

Announcements

Exciting News for WebMD Members!

We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

What Do You Need to Do?

The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, get to the ER.

*No Dr Outside Contact Please*
    You'll never believe what I saw on tv. Possible trigger
    jselleck posted:
    Normally I hate to watch PBS, my husband loves it. He heard about an open forum that our local PBS station was going to sponsor tonight. We've watched it, and I can't believe what I've seen. Not only have they had the mayor of Dallas, but the sheriff of Dallas County, several heads of non for profit organizations who deal not only with Bipolar, but Scitsofrania, Chronic Depression, and many other serious mental disorders, but also a State Representative who not only has Bipolar but doesn't hide the fact that he has it take part. And they all came together to push a state legislature who wants to stigmatize mental illness and those who suffer from it. Also to push the same state legislature into increasing funding for mental illness treatment and research by educating the public/voters about mental illness and the lack of proper treatment and facilities especially for the poor in Texas. It's amazing that they've not only held this forum, but aren't afraid to not only talk openly about mental disorders, but how they are treated, and the lack of treatment facilities in Texas. I wish that there were more people and more stations who weren't afraid to speak as openly as the people who took part in this forum. We need more people who are this open and unafraid. One last thing, it was amazing that they aired this during the prime time hour.

Take care my friends.

J

Featuring Experts

Joseph F. Goldberg, MD, is a Clinical Professor of Psychiatry, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, New York, NY. He also maintains a private prac...More

Helpful Tips

Differentiating bipolar disorder from borderline personality disorderExpert
    Borderline personality disorder is a condition in which people can very easily become angry and upset in response to stresses -- especially ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    116 of 133 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.