Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, get to the ER.

*No Dr Outside Contact Please*
You'll never believe what I saw on tv. Possible trigger
jselleck posted:
Normally I hate to watch PBS, my husband loves it. He heard about an open forum that our local PBS station was going to sponsor tonight. We've watched it, and I can't believe what I've seen. Not only have they had the mayor of Dallas, but the sheriff of Dallas County, several heads of non for profit organizations who deal not only with Bipolar, but Scitsofrania, Chronic Depression, and many other serious mental disorders, but also a State Representative who not only has Bipolar but doesn't hide the fact that he has it take part. And they all came together to push a state legislature who wants to stigmatize mental illness and those who suffer from it. Also to push the same state legislature into increasing funding for mental illness treatment and research by educating the public/voters about mental illness and the lack of proper treatment and facilities especially for the poor in Texas. It's amazing that they've not only held this forum, but aren't afraid to not only talk openly about mental disorders, but how they are treated, and the lack of treatment facilities in Texas. I wish that there were more people and more stations who weren't afraid to speak as openly as the people who took part in this forum. We need more people who are this open and unafraid. One last thing, it was amazing that they aired this during the prime time hour.

Take care my friends.

J

Featuring Experts

Joseph F. Goldberg, MD, is a Clinical Professor of Psychiatry, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, New York, NY. He also maintains a private prac...More

Helpful Tips

NSAIDS and lithiumExpert
Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (eg, Motrin/ibuprofen, Advil, Naprosyn) raise lithium levels by about 20%. We often therefore say ... More
Was this Helpful?
68 of 91 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.