Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, get to the ER.

*No Dr Outside Contact Please*
Did you know?
bpcookie posted:
that some U.S. states do not allow the direct reporting to patients of medical laboratory test results?

that *some* Doctors are making money — LOTS of money for prescribing drugs to you and your family?

Peanuts contain over 25% protein and are rich in heart-healthy monounsaturated fat?

Vitamin D is nicknamed the 'Sunshine Vitamin' because the production of this vitamin in the human body comes from ultraviolet light via the sun?

That artificial sweeteners aren't even helpful for weight loss?

That recent research has found our increasing use of anti-bacterial products (sprays, wipes, hand-washes, cleaning products, etc) is one main factor for adults and children suffering from allergies?

Bromelain (found in pineapple) is a wonder nutrient. Not only does it help with protein digestion and absorption, it is also great for hayfever and allergy sufferers?

Spearole tea by Dr Red is a super weight loss green tea with a high antioxidant value but it is also great for hypertension and inflammatory and pain disorders?
WebMD Health Ambassador, BpCookie

bpcookie responded:
also, did you know that a shopping mall has banned screaming kids? LOL lllooovvveeee it. I wanna go shopping there.

monkeybee replied to bpcookie's response:
LOL...banned screaming kids? That is funny I wouldn't be shopping there though; I'd definetly be banned. Although not often, I've been that mom a time or two...it's not fun from either side...but I at least don't stay rumaging if my kids melt down. Is that a true story?

bpcookie replied to monkeybee's response:
yupper, its true. The thing that bothers me is when a child will throw themselves on the ground and throw a tantrum screaming "I WANT IT, I WANT IT." or "I HATE YOU MOM. BUY IT FOR ME". Those are the kids that get under my skin. Thats when I want to grab the parent and take them outside and spank them. LOL

Also, not that a young child can help themselves, its just part of being a kid, but when a child starts screaming, thats when my ear drums start to thump with each scream. Its like there are a bunch of hippies in my head playing a drum circle.

LOL...that IS funny...and necessary. And yes, I know, sometimes it is very ridiculous and drives me crazy too. My very strong willed daughter embarrassed me to death sometimes though. She was going to make sure I meant what I said and disciplined her every. single. time. She never cut me slack. lol!

bpcookie replied to monkeybee's response:
LOL re- never cut you slack. Kids can be persistent at times.

I have a cute story about my daughter when she was very young. We are part Apache, so when there were rain clouds I would tell her to do a Rain Dance. Of course at her age she had no idea that it was about to rain. She would get up on a table and start dancing in a circle singing "ie yie yie yie...." and when it started raining we would all clap and cheer at her. It was so cute.

That's cute!

How did your appointment go yesterday? Did they figure anything out?

jselleck replied to monkeybee's response:
That is cute Cookie. My great Aunt and I took my two young cousins to a historical museum about four months before I moved to Texas and they had all kinds of events for both children and adults. It was about 3 days before the 4th of July and we got to help decorate the general store, make butter, and throw axes at a target. There also was a native American display and a gentleman taught us a circle dance. It was a blast. I actually hit the ax target 6 out of 10 times. Loved it. Take care.

J

bpcookie replied to jselleck's response:
You must be part Indian or part lumber jack. lol. We have lots of Indian artifacts and a 3 of them are hatchets and we also have a bow and arrow. My husband tells ppl "I'm afraid to piss off my wife cause she may scalp me or I may see an arrow fly passed me"

dibbits0530 responded:
I see you've been doing much homework Cookie. My former doctor actually has a Pharmacy right in his office. Talk about blatancy. Also did you know that over 48% of all diagnosed with Bipolar over the last 25 years were mis-diagnosed. Most are dealing with far less fletching disorders. My diagnosis: Anxiety, depression or what is now considered mood disorders.
Take from each day, all that it gives to you, return only to it, nothing less than the very best that you have to offer.

jselleck replied to bpcookie's response:
Actually on mom's side buried somewhere on the family tree is some native american blood. I forget what tribe, but it would have been one that lived in either Indiana, Kentucky, or possibly Penn. May have to call her and ask about that........ I do know that it was a male ancestor who married a female native american. And boy was her tribe supposedly ticked off!!! It was a love match though, from all I can remember. We also have an ancestor who fought in the American Revolution, (our side of course!!) the Civil War, both World Wars, (multiple members in WW II) and the first Dessert Storm. Also my cousin on dad's side was in Afghanistan during that whole hulablue, and both my cousin and niece are in the Air Force. Guess you could say we're a very Military family. But I'm so proud of my family members who have served. Take care.

Jess

Featuring Experts

Joseph F. Goldberg, MD, is a Clinical Professor of Psychiatry, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, New York, NY. He also maintains a private prac...More

Helpful Tips

NSAIDS and lithiumExpert
Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (eg, Motrin/ibuprofen, Advil, Naprosyn) raise lithium levels by about 20%. We often therefore say ... More
Was this Helpful?
69 of 92 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.