Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, get to the ER.

*No Dr Outside Contact Please*
my smoke possible trigger
slik_kitty posted:
I had my smoke put to sleep today. she had cancer, and i knew the time was coming, but was hoping it wouldn't be so soon. it spread to her spine and was making her lose control of her back legs. i couldn't see keeping her alive as her quality of life deteriorated to such a point that she could no longer move. i will miss her so, and so will my son. she was his baby. as i sit here at the puter, i miss her sitting beside me, or on my lap, or under my feet. i will miss her when i come home and she isn't waiting at the stairs for me to say hi. i will just plain miss her, as now there is another hole in my heart where someone i love used to be. she wasn't just a cat, she was a person with fur, she was family.
FirstPrevious12NextLast

monkeybee responded:
That is so sad, kitty! I'm sorry for your loss; it hurts to lose a kitty that has been a part of the family! Thinking and praying for you and your son tonight!

slik_kitty replied to monkeybee's response:
ty.

ddnos responded:
{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{Kitty}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}} I'm so sorry for your loss, Kitty! I'm glad that she got the pleasure of being your smoke for as many years as she was and that you got to have her in your life! You both shared a special gift in this life that I know she was grateful to you for!

Gentle hug
Debbie
Forgiveness is letting go of the hope that the past could have been any different --Unknown

slik_kitty replied to ddnos's response:
ty. i hope she isn't mad at me. she was scared and getting feisty when they gave her the injection. we were with her the whole time petting her. i hope she knows how much she was loved.

ddnos replied to slik_kitty's response:
Kitty, I have no doubt that she knows you loved her! She was just scared, but you were with her to the end. She wouldn't be mad at you; if anything, she was grateful to you because, as you said, she was suffering so much and you did an act of love, as hard as that was.

She's up there thanking you for setting her free!

Love
Debbie
Forgiveness is letting go of the hope that the past could have been any different --Unknown

slik_kitty replied to ddnos's response:
ty dd

mercygive responded:
Hugs, Kitty

Our animals trust us to do the right thing by them, in life and in death. You were very strong and loving to let go and give up your Smoke so she (he) would not have to fight to battle the cancer and suffer needlessly. I am so sorry you had to say goodbye to your Smoke.
A little yoga goes a along way

slik_kitty replied to mercygive's response:
ty

bpcookie responded:
Hey Kitty Honey, You poor darling. I know it hurts like nothing else. You did the absolute right thing. So now comes the hardest part, trying to heal. As you were there for me after Cookie passed, I will also be here for you. Thats what friends are for. big hugs.

You may want to write a memorial page for Smoke. Also there is the Candle Lighting Ceremony

http://www.petloss.com/
WebMD Health Ambassador, BpCookie

bpcookie replied to slik_kitty's response:
Oh honey, Right now she is at the Rainbow Bridge and I'm sure she is thanking you right now. Because if it hadn't been for your kindness of sending her on her way, then she would have been a very sick and unhappy kitty. hugs
WebMD Health Ambassador, BpCookie

skypper responded:
(((((((((((BIG HUGS)))))))))))
i'm so sorry kittty...
~Sky~
When nothing's going right, go left!

sandtiger responded:
(((HUGS)))

~ San
:: Living is more than just being alive - Anberlin ::

slik_kitty replied to bpcookie's response:
thanks cookie. i went over to that site and they want money to post a memorial. i don't think so. i can do one myself for free. lol

she was more like her normal self at the vet. purring and rubbing against us. makes me wonder if i should have kept her, cuz she was still responsive, but then, she just would have gotten worse and it wouldn't have been fair to let her suffer more.

slik_kitty replied to skypper's response:
thanks sky and san.

Featuring Experts

Joseph F. Goldberg, MD, is a Clinical Professor of Psychiatry, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, New York, NY. He also maintains a private prac...More

Helpful Tips

Need some advice...
I am 32 with a wonderful family and just found out that I am bipolar. 20 days ago they left me due to one of my outburst. I need them back ... More
Was this Helpful?
8 of 15 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.