Skip to content

Announcements

Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, get to the ER.

*No Dr Outside Contact Please*
Just for fun... What's your biggest gripe about health insurance??? Possible trigger.
jselleck posted:
1) Long waits to talk to an agent.

2) Stupid computer systems that don't correctly collect your info to route you to the correct agent.

3) Lack of information on their websites

4) Lack of understanding and/or empathy for our condition(s)

5) Lack of providers who take our insurance.

6) Lack of GOOD providers who take our insurance.

7) Getting the runaround when all you want to know is if something is covered or not by your insurance.

THE COST OF GOOD INSURANCE!!!!

9) THE COST OF PRESCRIPTIONS!!!! (Although that most likely is out of their control.)

10) Lack and/or cost of coverage for certain procedures.

Take the Poll

Do you agree with the government requiring citizens to have health insurance or risk paying a fine??
  • Yes totally!!!
  • Big Fat NO WAY!!!
  • Maybe, not sure.
  • Don't care, I already carry insurance and always have.
vote
View Poll Results

bpcookie responded:
LMAO OMG, *just for fun*??? There is nothing fun about health insurance. LOL. Ok, so where do I start....hhhhmmmm.

1. THEY SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If I can think of anything else, I will let ya know.
WebMD Health Ambassador, BpCookie

bpcookie responded:
J honey, when the computerized voice asks you a question, try talking in jibberish. After a few times of hearing the computer say "I'm sorry, I did not understand you....", it will eventually say "I am transferring you to someone who can help you.

Ive done this a few times. I chatted away in Chinese *really fast*, saying things like "pork fried rice, sweet and sour chicken, ig black sig black fleeng man choo..." or sometimes I will use Pig-Latin. And THAT is a true story

ddnos responded:
I would have to say that my biggest frustration with my insurance company is when I have questions (more than just basic) I will get an answer, but it doesn't seem right to me, so I call again and get someone else, only to get a different answer. So which one is correct? I say, the one that benefits me the most! lol

Oh, I didn't use to have to pay a co-pay when I had an MRI or CT scan, but now I have to pay a $250 copay for each!! Wtfooboo? lol So I found a way to beat their system - I applied for financial assistance at one of our hospitals (because of previous surgery) and I qualified for 100% coverage for the entire year. SO, from that point onward, if I needed an MRI, I told my doc that I needed to have it done at a certain facility and that way I didn't have to pay the $250, the financial assistance did! So screw you, insurance! lol

Other than that, I've been fairly happy with my insurance - sure beats having none!

Debbie
Forgiveness is letting go of the hope that the past could have been any different --Unknown

skypper responded:
Mine would be :
5) Lack of providers who take our insurance.

* * * THIS is my biggest peeve right here, there are only a few docs in town or in my county for that matter that accept my insurance, and most are quacks which leads to my next peeve. * * *

6) Lack of GOOD providers who take our insurance.

* * *And when you pay extra for the "GOOD" insurance that covers the "GOOD" doctors, everything else is so ridiculously expensive in co-pays that it doesn't matter anyway because whatever that Dr rx's or refers you won't be able to afford anyway! * * *

7) Getting the runaround when all you want to know is if something is covered or not by your insurance.

* * * Gone through this many times... * * *

10) Lack and/or cost of coverage for certain procedures. yep!

9) THE COST OF PRESCRIPTIONS!!!! (Although that most likely is out of their control.)

* * * this one pertains more to my kids than me because w/my medicare xtra help my meds are really cheap, but my kids insurance requires a $150 deductible so there were/are many times I can't get the medicine they need because simply cannot afford them, so they go without... * * *

So they're going to force everyone to have "health insurance" problem is everyone's then probably going to have crappy insurance that still won't cover a lot or have crazy co-pays and be basically worthless anyhow
~Sky~
When nothing's going right, go left!

ibex7 responded:
Good expression of your point, Cooks.

1. Butt what about those folks who know that smoking will kill you and continue to puff away?? When they have trouble getting their breath, do we just send the ambulance straight to the mortuary??

2. Or if they only have enough income to pay living expenses, do we drop them off in the alley behind the IRS building so that their tax accounts can be closed before # 1.

I'm sure you are aware that all of us have a duty to social responsibility. When that happens, we all have to pay.

bpcookie replied to ibex7's response:
Ibex, you made a most excellent point. Your #1 is right on the money. My step mother has lung cancer. She has been on chemo for over a year and has continued to smoke. I just don't understand.

bpcookie responded:
I used to have a PPO, co-pays on everything, drugs cost me $20-$40 or $60. Urgent care cost $50 and ER cost $250. High deductable and monthly charge for having the insurance.

We switched to a HSA PPO. The monthly cost has went up, we have a deductable of $2,500, which is what our deductable used to be anyways. The employer puts in $300 cash for us to use on our Dr. bills, meds, ect. Which isn't something that the employer did before. Once we reach our deductable EVERYTHING is free. So right now I will be billed by my Dr.s and will have to pay cash. So we will reach our deductable really fast and plus the $300 a month from the employer helps too. Also, right now, before we have even met our deductable, our perscriptions costs have went WAY down. Im talking like $3 to $70 each. Most of them cost between $3 and $20. I don't exactly know why this costs us less in the long run, but boy am I happy it does. It boggles the mind.

Featuring Experts

Joseph F. Goldberg, MD, is a Clinical Professor of Psychiatry, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, New York, NY. He also maintains a private prac...More

Helpful Tips

Screen out people who can't seem to "get it"....
There are some people who can't or won't understand at all. My wife is bipolar, and some people are more understanding than others. We ... More
Was this Helpful?
34 of 40 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.