Does anybody with the combined diagnoses Bi-polar and PTSD also have massive memory loss?
DamagedDoll posted:
I'm 23 and I have noticed ever since I was about 14 I have massive gaps in my memory. I don't remember a lot of what has happened to me in my life. I have a diagnosis of PTSD and Bi-polar. Is this the PTSD blacking out my memory or should I be concerned since I also get migraines?

slik_kitty responded:
it could be dissociation. as children we can learn to go inside our heads to avoid trauma in life just so we can survive. if you have a ptsd diagnosis then it is likely that that is the case. talk to your pdoc or t about it. dissociation ranges from road hypnosis to dissociative identity disorder. you don't have to have did to have memory loss from dissociation. it's just a child's mind's way of protecting itself.

bpcookie responded:
Hello Doll, I don't have an answer to your question but I just wanted to say how very sorry I am that you had such terrible things happen to you to the point that you developed PTSD. I have PTSD also. So your not alone.

Welcome to the board.
WebMD Health Ambassador, BpCookie