Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, get to the ER.

*No Dr Outside Contact Please*
what's going on now
skypper posted:

This is so me all the time. It feels like people are constantly either telling me to calm down or that I'm cold and don't *act right* whatever that means...

It's just so, that I feel so much all the time, so yes I tend to get really mad too often, I tend to get way too sad over things that probably don't matter much to other people, and when confronted with conflict or things that according to other people *should* cause me to react in certain ways I often don't react at all at the time because I think I'm preparing to fight or figure out how to handle it and don't really react to it or process it until much later when I'm alone and safe.

I don't know what's going on now, but I've been in a weird, almost flat mood for a while and now this past week or so feel just sad all the time. Like, I'm seriously just sitting here, nothing's going on but I've got a heavy heart, am all choked up with tears wanting to fall, but WHY?
I find myself not wanting to do anything at all really.
So I thought maybe I do need to get out of the house & was trying to see if someone would want to go have breakfast or lunch or coffee tomorrow or friday but i got no response from anywhere near, of course kitty and a couple other of my far-away buds said they would and that's awesome because I really wish we could.
So...idk...I wonder what's going on this weekend, someone must have told me but I honestly don't remember at all, that's another thing, my mind is seriously slipping as in my short-term memory is shot, it takes me all day and sometimes not even then to complete things because I forget what I'm doing or even that I'm doing anything at all, I have notes and reminders and alarms set up everywhere but I still forget as soon as I look away from them it seems.

Matter of fact I just realized what I came in my room for, I've been on the computer because I couldn't remember why I came upstairs, it was to shower...so off to do that before I forget again.
~Sky~
When nothing's going right, go left!

skypper responded:
~Sky~

slik_kitty responded:
hugs. i do that all the time, go somewhere to do something and by the time i get there totally forget what i was doing. retracing my steps helps me to remember. lol

skypper replied to slik_kitty's response:
You're right that does help sometimes, my brain has abandoned me I think
~Sky~

Featuring Experts

Joseph F. Goldberg, MD, is a Clinical Professor of Psychiatry, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, New York, NY. He also maintains a private prac...More

Helpful Tips

NSAIDS and lithiumExpert
Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (eg, Motrin/ibuprofen, Advil, Naprosyn) raise lithium levels by about 20%. We often therefore say ... More
Was this Helpful?
67 of 90 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.