Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, get to the ER.

*No Dr Outside Contact Please*
Too Stressed to Care Anymore daily post. Possible Major Trigger!!!
jselleck posted:
When it rains it pours..... for everyone!!!!

Weather: Bright sunshine, clear blue skies, but COLD!!!

Sleep: Attempted, not successful. Pdoc put me on a new tranq..... Too soon to see if it's gonna work.

Mood: STRESSED with a capital S!!!! And most likely MANIC!!!

Plans: Hubbie has to work, I need to clean, but sooo do not feel like doing it. Too stressed. Long story short, lousy appt with new counselor tuesday evening, truck wouldn't start when we wanted to leave, hour wait for tow truck, crammed like sardines into tow truck cab which made my back hurt like hades, finally made it home, practically had a nervous breakdown I was so stressed and upset, for once my mom came through and actually listened to me and helped some, still worried about money and the truck. Wednesday actually got some good/bad news. Vet finally called, and our cat Jack doesn't have hyperthyroidism. Now they want to do an ultrasound to find out what's causing the murmur to the tune of at least $375. Found out what's wrong with the truck, the fuel pump, the one dang thing we haven't replaced so far. Gonna cost about a grand, parts, labor and taxes. The one good thing about that is we have the money without hitting our emergency fund thanks to some money we got from our HRA fund. Still feel like crap, both elbows hurt like hell, don't want to do anything, and feel like breaking down and crying again. But as we all know, we beepers shoulder on. Gonna make my infamous death by cheese lasagna for dinner tonight for some good ol' comfort food. Really want to go to Cracker Barrel, but hubbie dislikes their food. But that spells comfort and home to me. Sigh... Melly you've got my number if you want to talk. I'm home all day. Sky, likewise. Just call Cookie and tell her I said it was okay for her to give it to you. Or contact me on facebook. Just search Jessica Selleck. I'm the only one in Texas. Unfortunately I'm not the one who hangs out with Tom Selleck all the time. Lol. That's his cousin. Or the Independently wealthy one in Colorado. Just the poor one in Texas. Take care my friends. (((((HUGS)))))

Jess

bpcookie responded:
Oh J honey, great minds think a like. OUCH!!! a thousand bucks? and then your poor kitty. Oh you just don't have any luck. If you need a shoulder to cry on honey, then give me a call. Not sure if I will be home but you can leave a msg. Cause Im not sure what I will be doing today. big hugs
WebMD Health Ambassador, BpCookie

jselleck replied to bpcookie's response:
Thanks Cookie. I'm handling things better today. Still stressed to the max, but at least the Dealership just called and the truck is done. Now comes the painful part of paying for it tomorrow morning. Ugh. Could have been worse. Was hoping it was the starter, afraid it might be the engine, but fuel pump we can handle. Jack's doing okay for now. Acts like there's nothing wrong with him. Right now he's on my shoulder purring in my ear watching me type. Crazy monster. Things will get better. May call ya tomorrow if the offer still stands. Like in the afternoon???

Take care.

Jess

Featuring Experts

Joseph F. Goldberg, MD, is a Clinical Professor of Psychiatry, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, New York, NY. He also maintains a private prac...More

Helpful Tips

Screen out people who can't seem to "get it"....
There are some people who can't or won't understand at all. My wife is bipolar, and some people are more understanding than others. We ... More
Was this Helpful?
34 of 40 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.