Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, get to the ER.

*No Dr Outside Contact Please*
Yea!!! March Madness is almost here!!! Daily post. Possible triggers
jselleck posted:
Some of you know that I'm from Indiana where BASKETBALL IS KING!!! March is my favorite time of year. I love college basketball!!! And IU actually has a pretty good chance of making it to at least the sweet 16, maybe even winning the whole thing. I LOVE MARCH!!!!

Weather: Feels like december, but at least there's a lovely blue sky to cheer me up.

Sleep: ???? Guess the tranq is starting to work. Got a little more sleep last night.

Mood: Feisty. Nuff said.

Plans: Try to figure out how the heck we're gonna come up with the money to buy a new washer. Then fold clothes that thankfully came through the washer without getting damaged, and think long and hard about how long I want to deal with the stupidity of lugging stuff to the laundry room around the corner and making sure I have enough money on the new card system that our complex went to about six months ago when they FINALLY replaced the lousy machines in the complex. Only problem with lugging stuff around is that I don't think my elbow can handle it, and I don't drive. In fact Matt would through the worst hissy fit you ever saw an adult through if he caught me driving. I was cleaning the truck a few weeks a go and he didn't even want me to have his keys (the only set we have that will start the truck) just in case some idiot came flying through our parking lot and hit me or the truck. He's afraid that that insurance would say that I was driving and since I have no insurance they would deny the claim. I love the boy, but sometimes he really really drives me up the wall.

On the lighter side of things, things are going better between my family and I. My little sister still hasn't apologized, but I don't think she ever will. Most times she refuses unless mom or grandma make her anyway, so I won't hold my breath. My dad is doing slightly better, but still catching every thing he comes in contact with. Him and mom are supposed to go to IU Medical Center either the first or second week of April and she's hoping that that will either be the last trip this year, or that at least they won't have to go back for at least 6 months. They also may even be able to cut down their visits to his cancer doc in Louisville after the one on the 21st. We'll see.

Got to share the silliest thing with you guys. Don't know if this made the National News or not, but here goes. I'm from a small town in Southern Indiana called Corydon. Right off the interstate there's a couple of strip malls, (one on each side of 135.) The biggest one has a Wal-Mart, Fashion Bug, Papa John's, Dollar Tree, a Jewelry story, and a shoe store. Well, last Saturday night a group of deer decided to get lost and run rampant through the center. Three broke into to Fashion Bug, a few into Dollar Tree, and I think some also broke into the shoe place. The sheriff's dept had fun rounding them up. My mom told me about it when I talked to her late wednesday night. Deer are a notorious problem around home. Have been ever since I was a girl. Heck my family has pictures of deer in the back field and once we had a doe come right into the front yard to eat apples off mom's apple tree. Now a days mom's major complain is when they get into her vegetable garden. Also certain times of the year you have to be very careful coming either way up to my parents' place because deer like to eat at both fields down the road. Luckily I've never hit one, but my mom did once with her little Bug. Sigh. Wish the state would just let us get rid of them all. Don't know what's the bigger problem. The dang deer or the stupid turkeys.

Well enough griping. Have a good day my friends.

Jess

margaroo responded:
Damn, I missed this post, Jess. I didn't read past the March Madness in the title. I'm not to copy and paste, so in the short run, I am fine, excited to see my daughter and going to a wedding.

Hugs, Maggie
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.

Featuring Experts

Joseph F. Goldberg, MD, is a Clinical Professor of Psychiatry, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, New York, NY. He also maintains a private prac...More

Helpful Tips

NSAIDS and lithiumExpert
Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (eg, Motrin/ibuprofen, Advil, Naprosyn) raise lithium levels by about 20%. We often therefore say ... More
Was this Helpful?
68 of 91 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.