Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, get to the ER.

*No Dr Outside Contact Please*
Is Seroquel working?
bluesky0602 posted:
I just started on Seroquel, for BP disorder, about a week ago. Started at 25mg, and now up to 75mg, and will soon bump up to 100mg- taking at night before bed.
I am reading a lot on the internet that others are experiencing insane amounts of drowsiness while on the drug. However, I am only drowsy abt. an hour after I take it at night, sleep much better, and wake up at my usual time (after abt 7-8 hrs of sleep) feeling energized! I have much more energy overall throughout the day, my head feels more clear,I don't get daily headaches anymore, and am in a much better mood overall. This is all I'm noticing with the drug so far. Is this normal at these doses? Why am I not drowsy during the day at all on these doses, and it seems so many others are? I keep upping my doses, as the doc. has ordered, hoping to get a bit more mood stabilizing effect from the drug as I am not sure it is really doing much for me in that category, at these small doses.
So far I like this drug as it has helped me in some ways, but I am not sure if it is doing to me what it supposed to be.
Has anyone had this type of experience with Seroquel, or can tell me more about what to expect w/ this drug?
Thanks

slik_kitty responded:
not everyone reacts the same way to it. i was on 600 mg and it made me sleepy at night but not drowsy the next day. it did help with the bp. the lower dose just may not be effective for you.

Featuring Experts

Joseph F. Goldberg, MD, is a Clinical Professor of Psychiatry, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, New York, NY. He also maintains a private prac...More

Helpful Tips

Differentiating bipolar disorder from borderline personality disorderExpert
Borderline personality disorder is a condition in which people can very easily become angry and upset in response to stresses -- especially ... More
Was this Helpful?
108 of 125 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.