Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, get to the ER.

*No Dr Outside Contact Please*
So Upset!!! Trigger
bpcookie posted:
Hi guys, My father just told me something that is very upsetting to me and I'm just sitting here crying. Next door to where my father lives there is a herd of sheep and my father has been watering them and feeding them, although they don't belong to my father. The owner pays my father to feed them. Since yesterday one of the sheep has been trying to give birth but it has been unable to do so. So my father called the owner and the owner said that he had to work today so he couldn't get out there until after work. The sheep and its baby will be dead by then. My father and my mother is concerned and they are pissed off because the sheep is suffering. So I looked the Live Stock ASPCA and gave the number to my mother. She told me how horrible the sheep is doing and she told me some details and it just kills me. I hate hearing about things like that but I can't go through life ignoring those things just because it upsets me, I must do something, even if its just giving out a number. I can't shield myself no matter how much I want to. I will not feel better until that sheep gets taken care of. Im so very upset and it just makes me bawl.

Also, its not a good idea to have my father upset about any animal cruelty or neglect. If that owner doesn't come out there soon, he won't great him well when he does get out there. I just hope that poor baby will be ok. It is NOT right to let an animal suffer!!!!!!
WebMD Health Ambassador, BpCookie

sandtiger responded:
That is so horrible!! =(
I hope your mom DOES call that number, and soon! Is there any way they could help the birth at all?

~ San
:: Living is more than just being alive - Anberlin ::

ddnos responded:
Cookie, that's horrible! I don't understand how some people can be thoughtless like that and cruel! Did your mom say that she would call? Maybe if your mom hasns't called by now or a certain time, you could call on her behalf so that at least it gets done and gives the sheep and baby half a chance, huh?

Forgiveness is letting go of the hope that the past could have been any different --Unknown

jselleck replied to ddnos's response:
That poor Ewe and her little baby!!! I agree totally with everyone else. People are thoughtless and down right cruel at times. I think you should call Cookie. That way we know that they get the help they need. (((((HUGS))))))))

bpcookie replied to sandtiger's response:
Hi honey, my father has experience with live stock but he can't go over there alone because there is a 200 lb Ram that is pretty protective over his girls. If the guy gets there then my father can help. I'm hoping that my mom called the number. I'm afraid to call and ask.

bpcookie replied to ddnos's response:
I told my father that some ppl shouldn't have pets. They buy the animals yet they don't want to care for them. Right now Im leaving for my procedure so I can't call. Im also afraid to call my mom and ask whats going on. I know its chicken of me, but I just can't stand it. I will try to get up my courage and call later, prob. after my twilight sleep and pain injection wears off.

bpcookie replied to jselleck's response:
If I call it will be later cause Im leaving for my procedure. Im a chicken to call and so afraid of what my mother tells me. Also I need to get more details about whats going on, how long its been going on, the guys phone number, things like that.

bpcookie responded:
Hi guys, I just got back from my procedure and I just got off of the phone with my mother, she said that the owner came out not long after I called her with the phone number to ASPCA. My dad and the owner had to pull out the baby. Unfortunately the baby was dead and thats probably why the mother couldn't birth it. I read on Google that if the mother is having issues with giving birth that one reason may be that the baby isn't alive. The mother is up and walking, eating and drinking water. They said that she may be a bit shocky because she isn't hanging around the group but my guess would be is that she is depressed. Poor sweet heart. So I just wanted you to know whats going on.

melly2210 replied to bpcookie's response:
I get upset about stories like these too. Horses are a big thing down here and people starve and abuse them too. It's so sad and I agree that people like this shouldn't ever be allowed to have animals. I'm sorry that the baby didn't make it. That's sad, but at least you have an explanation now. Big hugs.

Hope is that thing with feathers that perches in the soul and sings the tune without the words and never stops... at all. ~Emily Dickinson

Featuring Experts

Joseph F. Goldberg, MD, is a Clinical Professor of Psychiatry, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, New York, NY. He also maintains a private prac...More

Helpful Tips

NSAIDS and lithiumExpert
Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (eg, Motrin/ibuprofen, Advil, Naprosyn) raise lithium levels by about 20%. We often therefore say ... More
Was this Helpful?
67 of 90 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.