Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, get to the ER.

*No Dr Outside Contact Please*
bipolar wife
bretsky12 posted:
hello, i tried to post this, but i dont know if it posted, so here it is again.
my wife is bipolar, has been well for a long time, recently discovered she has progressively been moving into hypo-mania...my daughter and i moved out of the house for two weeks...now we are back...it is very painful...difficult...and very sad...i dont know how to help her..or my daughter and myself..
any advice or tips...
thanks
brett

LoddyA responded:
With all due respect,you need to do something before she goes into full-blown mania.It may be hard,especially now when she's feeling so good,but i would encourage her to see her pdoc,see if s/he can help her without having to go inpatient.Good luck

mattthecat replied to LoddyA's response:
LoddyA this is a glitch/double post. In the other duplicate post bretsky12 made it clear his wife is in full denial and is not currently interested in help.
It is very unfortunate but in a lot of cases when some one with bipolar can not be convinced they need help or does not want help it becomes very hard to force help on them. Not impossible but very hard. I am with you I hope bretsky12 finds a way to get his wife the help she needs and deserves.
I bumped the duplicate post to the top in case you missed it.

Matt

Featuring Experts

Joseph F. Goldberg, MD, is a Clinical Professor of Psychiatry, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, New York, NY. He also maintains a private prac...More

Helpful Tips

Medications for BPD
Please get a second opinion if you have chronic problems with your BPD medication. I changed doctors and got a proper diagnosis from ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 2 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.