Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, get to the ER.

*No Dr Outside Contact Please*
Misdiagnosing Bipolar-Feedback please!
cspinto posted:
Hi everyone! I am a student at Purdue Calumet and my topic for a project is bipolar disorder. In my podcast i talk about misdiagnosing bipolar and how many people have been misdiagnosed along with other statistics and how this is an issue in the medical field. I have attached a link to my page for where this info can be found. It would be greatly appreciated if anyone can give me any kind of feed back. Thank You!

https://sites.google.com/site/clarissapintosportfolio/podcast
https://sites.google.com/site/clarissapintosportfolio/podcast

Anneinside responded:
patients, not patient's
misdiagnosed as unipolar depression, since both deal with depression. not misdiagnosed for unipolar depression, since both deal with depression.

It is not clear whether you are talking about people with bipolar being misdiagnosed with unipolar or are you talking about people with another disorder being diagnosed with bipolar. You seem to go back and forth making it very unclear. You need more than two references. Try reading your writing aloud so you can brush it up a bit.

Another note, what tests are you referring to. Most "tests" used are questionnaires in which you rate the presence or absence of a symptom. I complete the PHQ-9 every time I see my psychiatrist. I wasn't diagnosed on the basis of a test, but on an interview by my psychiatrist. That is the most common basis of determining a diagnosis.

Featuring Experts

Joseph F. Goldberg, MD, is a Clinical Professor of Psychiatry, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, New York, NY. He also maintains a private prac...More

Helpful Tips

TO DROP MY WEIGHT, I DROPPED THE DIET SOFT DRINKS.
Been on Zonegran for about five years and a type II diabetic for 35 years using metaformin and insulin. It appears the jury is in for me on ... More
Was this Helpful?
6 of 10 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.