Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, get to the ER.

*No Dr Outside Contact Please*
Drug use for any reason
kilingtonskier posted:
I have done alcohol and a few drugs whe down and bummed out. Lucky that the come downs were horrible and I forever recall them. So when I am down--I purposely avoid any drugs aside from an antidepressant which got me back on track quickly. I am fortunate to not have a chronic problem with life.

But many people do have major happiness or chemical brain problems that leave them open to drug use to find happiness.

Alcohol and cigarettes provide many people with a legal way out. Illegal drugs do the same. Illegal drugs are a problem because our small minded communities make drug abuse a criminal offense rather thn a medical problem. Putting addicts in jail because they want to feel good is a bad idea. People use drugs because the drugs are available. And given there is no time soon when the "War on Drugs" is going to stop the big guys and cartels from bringing it in, illegal drugs should be made legal after all that can be done medically has failed for the addict. Legal drugs---no more criminals, no cartels, no cheating robbing or stealing.

And for sure---98% of population will not become heroine addicts when it becomes legal. And I will have a safer household.

Featuring Experts

Joseph F. Goldberg, MD, is a Clinical Professor of Psychiatry, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, New York, NY. He also maintains a private prac...More

Health Insurance in Your State

Learn about plans, benefits, and costs in your state's Marketplace.

From WebMD

Helpful Tips

NSAIDS and lithiumExpert
Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (eg, Motrin/ibuprofen, Advil, Naprosyn) raise lithium levels by about 20%. We often therefore say ... More
Was this Helpful?
67 of 90 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.