Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, get to the ER.

*No Dr Outside Contact Please*
Kicked around a bit
sandtiger posted:
Lately I've been feeling like people are kicking me when I'm down, and it just stinks. If it's not people b-ing to me about other people (and doing it very loudly and in a very harassed manner, so I get stressed merely by listening), but also antagonizing other people in my life so I'm stuck in the middle.

An example: my brother is moving in with me ... he got in a fight with my neighbor yesterday by being belligerent and the neighbor (who I've always had decent relations with) threatened to sue me over a cat issue because the argument with my brother "broke our friendship".

Now granted, the neighbor has issues and she doesn't know when to let things go and she blows things way out of proportion and she gets harassed over minor things and ... well, frankly is like me when I'm extremely, dangerously manic. But she's like that all the time and we've gotten along decently because I know when to be quiet and listen, and when to be passive.

My brother ruined all that and now she's pissed and upset and threatening to sue me for something that was out of my control (but, I'd still lose the case; this is fact).

There are other examples but this one is the most recent... now I'm stuck trying to smooth over two people's bruised pride, and worry that my animals, if they happen to go to her yard because she gives them treats all the time and feeds them and such, will be carted off to the ASPCA.

~ San
:: Living is more than just being alive - Anberlin ::

monkeybee responded:
UGH...it sucks getting stuck in the middle of someone else's fight. Sorry to hear that. Hopefully you can make peace with your neighbor again and find more support and less of people kicking you around!

Featuring Experts

Joseph F. Goldberg, MD, is a Clinical Professor of Psychiatry, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, New York, NY. He also maintains a private prac...More

Helpful Tips

new
hello everyone.. new to this..hope to talk to others who knows how it is having bipolar. More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 2 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.