Skip to content

Announcements

Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, get to the ER.

*No Dr Outside Contact Please*
Weird Wed. Daily Bipolar Post/ possible triggers
bpcookie posted:
Hello dahlings

Weather: warm and over cast

Sleep: good

Mood: so far so good but who knows how I will feel later. Been like a roller coaster lately.

Plans: chores. Perhaps make some jewelry, perhaps not, perhaps finish decorating my hat, perhaps not, perhaps work on a purse, perhaps not. Heck, I really don't know what I'm going to do today, hopefully something fun.

You all have a fabulous day. muahs
WebMD Health Ambassador, BpCookie

jselleck responded:
Afternoon Peeps.

Weather: Started out cold, slowly warming to low 70's.

Sleep: Not enough. Only 7 hours.

Mood: Bitchy.

Plans have a pdoc appt, then grocery shopping, maybe talk hubbie into some clothes shopping. Ironically I'm losing weight and he's gaining it. Go figure. Least now I won't have to fight over jeans or shorts with him for a while. Lol. Maintenance has been in and out of our place a lot this week. Friday they fixed the garbage disposal only to learn that they sink is now leaking. So today I got a new garbage disposal, they fixed the leak in the master bathroom's sink, and looked at the dishwasher. We may get a new dishwasher, (fingers crossed) and they're gonna come back to fix the drip in the master shower. Oh, they also fixed the over head light in the kitchen that kept flickering. I love it when someone who won't be named gives in and finally contacts the office to get stuff fixed. If only I was brave enough to fix the lousy paint job. But I'm not. Have a great afternoon.

J

ddnos responded:
J- what i would do for 7 hrs of sleep! Seven consecutive hours! Wow!

Weather - stormy - lots of wind and rain

Sleep - not good

Mood - not good

Plans - already cancelled one of my plans - finally got shower done, maybe chat with my aussiemate 4 p.m. do some laundry
Forgiveness is letting go of the hope that the past could have been any different --Unknown

jselleck replied to ddnos's response:
Now how you feel ddnos. I was in that position a few weeks ago. I was barely getting 5 hrs sleep. I sooo hate mania cycles. My doc put me on a new med today, so hopefully I'll actually come down soon. At least I can dream, I guess. Hope you get some sleep soon. Take care.

J

ddnos replied to jselleck's response:
J - my sleep habits aren't typically mania related - I've had sleep problems for the past 22 years due to side effect of Nardil. I have high doses of adrenaline in my system because of the med, which makes sleeping not always the easiest thing in the world. I do have nights where it's better, but my average is about 5-6 hrs - some nights better and definitely some nights worse. But I'm used to it for the most part...don't like it , but used to it. Hope you sleep well tonight!
Forgiveness is letting go of the hope that the past could have been any different --Unknown

Betzy11 replied to ddnos's response:
I am a newly diagnosed Bi Polar person.. I am still trying to learn about this illness. I have such a hard time sleeping all the time . Awake most of the night or doze and wake up..
I imagine that is part of being Bi Polar?? I also isolate myself a big part of the time?? Just wanted to get some imput on this. Thank's.

Featuring Experts

Joseph F. Goldberg, MD, is a Clinical Professor of Psychiatry, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, New York, NY. He also maintains a private prac...More

Helpful Tips

Kee pyour head up
Don't let this illness bring you down. Always keep you head to the sky because someone is watching you and I. Sometimes this illness can ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.