Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, get to the ER.

*No Dr Outside Contact Please*
I'm confuse with the bipolar's symptoms.
Curious_Hansen12 posted:
I'm depressed every night for more or less 30 days but during daylight I always feel normal like I'm alive and I'm happy.

By depression, I mean I always feel worthless, nothing special, nonsense, no future. And then sometimes I feel like I'm crying, but no tears, crying inside myself, I hope you get it. Then last week I'm having tought about death. Not suicidal thought. I asked myself and picture me holding gun pointing in my head or jumping from roof top. Not suicidal though, more like "what if" thought.

I feel like that since I watched a movie that I got obsessed with. And by Obsess I don't mean like sort of 'light' obsession. I'm unccontrollable. I want to stop watching it but the other side of my brain is commanding me and i can't controll it. I know it isn't normal. Watching a movie for more or less 30 consecutive days and always feel depressed at night. This is not just about the movie. There times that I really get obsess with thing easily. I know something is wrong with me. I just can't go to a psychiatrist because we can't afford it. And I can't open this up to my friends and relatives and family.

I consulted this from other forums. They say I might have OCD.

I browse and found that obsession is sort of a mania, hence there were names like "name of obsession"+mania. So, Is there a possibility that I may suffering from sort of a bipolar category and my mania is how I get obsess with things easily?

Take the Poll

Am I bipolar?
  • Probably
  • Yes, you might have
  • No, but it is not normal
  • No, because it is normal
vote
View Poll Results

slik_kitty responded:
doesn't sound like bp. we can't diagnose you though. you need to see a pdoc for a diagnosis or see a therapist to find out why you are so obsessed with the movie.

Betzy11 responded:
I have been diagnosed with Bipolar about a year ago even though
even tho some years ago a Phy said I was. I am still trying to understand this illness. I am having a lot of trouble sleeping anymore even though the Phy. has me on sleeping meds.. I mingle some but otherwise I stay mostly to my self. Are them maybe symptons also?? I am miserable with myself.

ibex7 replied to Betzy11's response:
I'm not a professional butt have had my dx for 31 years. Poor sleep habits and generally depressed attitude ARE symptoms of bipolar. Suggest you see a psychiatrist for clarification. - goat
Sometimes you don't mean to say what you mean to say you mean.

Featuring Experts

Joseph F. Goldberg, MD, is a Clinical Professor of Psychiatry, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, New York, NY. He also maintains a private prac...More

Helpful Tips

Differentiating bipolar disorder from borderline personality disorderExpert
Borderline personality disorder is a condition in which people can very easily become angry and upset in response to stresses -- especially ... More
Was this Helpful?
104 of 121 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.