Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, get to the ER.

*No Dr Outside Contact Please*
Worse Session
ddnos posted:
I just got off the phone from the WORST phone session with my tdoc that I have ever had! I think we argued most of the time! I was SO angry with her and with myself because she was not hearing what I was saying to her probably because I wasns't doing a very good job of saying what I wanted to say. It got to the point where she said that she knew what I was saying, but I kept saying that she didn't, but that she just based what she thought she heard on what I wasns't saying. lol It ddin't get any better! Over the years, we have had our moments of disagreement and/or of me getting angry with her for various reasons, but not very often - but today's session was horrible the entire session and I feel po'd that I even paid her for it! lol At one point she said something that I can't remember and I told her that I shouldn't have paid her. (oooops!)

I just HATE it when I really need a session for a specific reason in hopes of getting some concrete help for it, only to end up that session going nowhere! She's still convinced that she heard what I said and that she couldn't offer me any more help than what she already did; but I told her that she didn't hear me because..... She was focussing on behavior, but I needed/wanted help with what was behind the behavior! That didn't happen, I think, because I started the session with the behavior, which made her focus on that.

So we just spent over an hour with most of it me raising my voice, swearing, almost hanging up after telling her I was done, and a tad bit of crying toward the end out of frustration! Like I said, this was THE worse session I think I have ever had with her, and I'm not a happy camper about it!
Forgiveness is letting go of the hope that the past could have been any different --Unknown

monkeybee responded:
UGH...I'm sorry it went so poorly and that you were, I'm sure, so unsettled. Hopefully you guys can talk it out and it will be better in your next session. You might need a session for your session, lol.

slik_kitty responded:
hugs

ibex7 responded:
hugs, DDNOS,

I hope some relaxation and maybe a nap will help. Also see if my signature line, if you really think hard, helps. -goat
Sometimes you don't mean to say what you mean to say you mean.

ddnos replied to ibex7's response:
lol goat, re your signature line! Makes my head spin reading it! lol

I'm still not a happy camper because I sent her an email that evening and she replied with words that AGAIN showed me that she didn't/doesn't get it! I even told her that it wasn't what she was saying that I was objecting to, but the fact that she was responding to something that I told her over and over wasns't what I was trying to say! I told her that it was ME, that I wasns't able to articulate what was on my heart, so WHY would she keep going on about something I told her wan't the friggen point??? GRrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! Don't get me started! lol In all our years together, we have NEVER had a session like this. There have been only a few times where I was trying to tell her something but not succeeding and I'd say, "no, that's not what I mean" and she'd keep going (like the other day) but that's only happened like maybe 3 times. But even ONE time, I don't understand how ANYONE wouldn't get it! She tells me that IM being stubborn - well I say that' calling the kettle black!!

Btw, hi! lol

Debbie
Forgiveness is letting go of the hope that the past could have been any different --Unknown

ddnos replied to slik_kitty's response:
Thank you Kitty!

Hugs
Debbie

ddnos replied to monkeybee's response:
lol Monkeybee, re a session for a session -I've had to do that a few times or more. lol BUT, I'm NOT doing that this time! I'm not going to waste my money over something that is as rediculous as this is! I swear she's just playing with my head on this because she's a very smart woman and so can't be acting so stupid! lol It does NOT take a genius for a person to understand that when someone says, "No, that's not what I mean" it actually means, "No, that's not what I mean, so stop going on about what I just told you is NOT what I'm talking about!!" Sheeeeeeeeeeeesh! Like I said to goat, she's done this about 3 times over a period of many years, so it's not like it's a common occurance, you know? But it's SO annoying, that when it does, I get totally frustrated and angry with her!

I don't plan to see her until sometime after April (that was planned before this last session)....unless, of course, something comes up and I need to see her sooner. But when I see her next, I don't want to talk about the topic with her - I mean, the topic that I was unable to articulate. I DO want to talk with her about how it makes me feel complete discredited and not believed when she goes on like she's saying, "YES, that IS what you mean!" How can she or ANYONE possibly know what I mean when it originated in MY head, NOT hers??? Ok, now I need to go because I'm getting PO'D just thinking about it! I know that I will calm down, but right now it's too fresh and unresolved! It feels like she's being too proud to admit she is wrong - not wrong about her words in and of themselves -but wrong in that she kept going on about what I kept telling her wasn't the point, but she insisted that it was! THAT was wrong, and THAT is why I'm being stubborn - not because she's saying something I don't want to hear. I know what that's like, and this aint it!

Have a lovely day! lol

Debbie, whose blood pressure is now up lol

Featuring Experts

Joseph F. Goldberg, MD, is a Clinical Professor of Psychiatry, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, New York, NY. He also maintains a private prac...More

Helpful Tips

Differentiating bipolar disorder from borderline personality disorderExpert
Borderline personality disorder is a condition in which people can very easily become angry and upset in response to stresses -- especially ... More
Was this Helpful?
109 of 126 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.