Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, get to the ER.

*No Dr Outside Contact Please*
Family Tree
sandtiger posted:
Interesting, and thought I'd share...

http://www.bphope.com/Item.aspx/655/unraveling-the-family-tree

~ San
:: Living is more than just being alive - Anberlin ::

monkeybee responded:
Very cool article; thanks for sharing. It got me thinking! I just emailed my mom to see if she thinks maybe my granpa had it. I know of at least one relative that is diagnosed but neither of my parents have it and neither do my siblings. Anyway, very interesting!

sandtiger replied to monkeybee's response:
My mother had bipolar and I just found out my brother does, too. I don't know anything about my grandparents or extended family so really couldn't say on them...

I know my sister has ADHD and so does 2 of her 3 kids, and ADHD kind of goes along with BP, or so I've read [ADHD, bipolar, and schizophrenia ... and one other, I can't remember, are kind of the "main four" psychological things that run in families; one member might have ADHD and another might have bipolar and a third might have both, things like that>.

Some of the articles that BP mag prints are really interesting; I recommend it to anyone.

~ San
:: Living is more than just being alive - Anberlin ::

Featuring Experts

Joseph F. Goldberg, MD, is a Clinical Professor of Psychiatry, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, New York, NY. He also maintains a private prac...More

Helpful Tips

Differentiating bipolar disorder from borderline personality disorderExpert
Borderline personality disorder is a condition in which people can very easily become angry and upset in response to stresses -- especially ... More
Was this Helpful?
108 of 125 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.