Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, get to the ER.

*No Dr Outside Contact Please*
Missed Birth Control
An_251107 posted:
I literally have never ever in my life messed up my birth control butlast week amd the week before let's just say my birth control should been through about Wed (that's when the white pills continued until) I didn't really feel like having my period all month which is the first time I've done this, so I started taking my BC on Friday. I missed Saturday and Sunday and Monday and tuesday. I didn't take it yntil Wednesday. I took two wednesday and two Friday. However, I then had totally unprotected sperm totallly inside me sex on Sunday. idk if the birth control still wass in by then. I have this gut feeling I could be preg but idk i mean I always have been so good w my bc but I kniw it's normally the three day rule and I broke that. Alsp is there anearly test I could take? I've been drinking and taking Zoloft

sandtiger responded:
I would give it just a little bit of time. Talk to your gyn doc to see if they want you to temporarily stop taking your bc [sometimes they do, sometimes they don't, depending on what kind it is>.

The earliest you can do a semi-accurate pregnancy test is a week before you're due to have your period. Although, that can change depending on your bc and when it needs to be taken and how it works.

For now, kind of hold off on drinking or [if possible> from sex, and speak with your pdoc about the Zoloft, let them recommend a good course of action for the possibility of your being pregnant versus not.

Good luck,
~ San
:: Living is more than just being alive - Anberlin ::

Featuring Experts

Joseph F. Goldberg, MD, is a Clinical Professor of Psychiatry, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, New York, NY. He also maintains a private prac...More

Helpful Tips

Medications for BPD
Please get a second opinion if you have chronic problems with your BPD medication. I changed doctors and got a proper diagnosis from ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 2 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.