Skip to content

Announcements

Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, get to the ER.

*No Dr Outside Contact Please*
So sad
monkeybee posted:
On Saturday, my tdoc informed me that she is leaving. She has two jobs and a family and it is too much for her. I've seen her every week for about 4 months. I know that isn't a terribly long time, but she knows everything about me and I have grown so close to her. I feel devastated by this, like it just came at such a bad time for me. But, she is the absolute sweetest and I know the feeling of being overwhelmed. She is going to transfer me to another person in her practice that she thinks I will click with and she is going to do a couple of joint sessions so I don't have to start from scratch. Man will I miss her!

bpcookie responded:
Monkeybee baby cakes, I understand how it feels to have to start over again with a tdoc. Its like you have to tell your story all over again and go through all the pain again too. Its no fun. But when one of my tdocs stopped taking my ins., I was forced to find another tdoc. The new tdoc was absolutely fantastic. So maybe your new tdoc will turn out to be fabulous too. I wish you luck. muahs
We will be friends until we are old and senile,.........then we will be new friends!!

ddnos responded:
Sarah,I can totally relate as I got notice from my long time therapist that she will be retiring in 6 months. I"m trying not to think about it too much yet.

So I do know how hard it can be learning that the one person yo've confided in and have learned or are learning to trust has to just told you they are leaving for one reason or another.

Maybe you can do what I'm having to do, i.e. focus on the fact that there is more than just one person in this world who would be a good therapist for me - more than one tdoc that I can connect with - and that person is out there for you and for me.

Hold onto hope!
Debbie
Forgiveness is letting go of the hope that the past could have been any different --Unknown

monkeybee replied to bpcookie's response:
Thanks Cookie! I hope the new one is as awesome as my current one and that I don't have to look around and go through it 10 times!

monkeybee replied to ddnos's response:
Thanks Debbie! That is the same advice that my very wise mom gave me. I guess great minds think alike. She told me "of course you can do it without her. You can't put so much stock in any one person. You may like the new one as much as her." I sure hope you're right! It is just so hard because I trust and like her. It brightens my day to see her. I will miss her. Thanks again. ;(

Featuring Experts

Joseph F. Goldberg, MD, is a Clinical Professor of Psychiatry, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, New York, NY. He also maintains a private prac...More

Helpful Tips

NSAIDS and lithiumExpert
Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (eg, Motrin/ibuprofen, Advil, Naprosyn) raise lithium levels by about 20%. We often therefore say ... More
Was this Helpful?
69 of 92 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.