Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, get to the ER.

*No Dr Outside Contact Please*
Update volunteer
ddnos posted:
I didn't go. It was looking like I was going to be able to get myself going because i got up and took a shower before doing anything and when case worker called me at 9 a.m., i told her i was ready to go, then about an hr later, something happened. By 10:15 i laid my head down on the couch (had to leaeve at 10:45) and i fell asleep. The case worker called me at 10:30 and i told her i was sleeping and she asked was i going, and i said no. she said to get up and email the person i was going to to let her know i wouldnt be there but not to say why. so i did that and came back to the couch and slept for almost 3 hrs. I'm so disappointed with myself. I don't know what is wrong with me. I called my doctor later to see if i could see her sooner than in 2 weeks, and while explaining all the physical problems and depression, i couldn't stop crying, but she was so nice. the one thing i don't like about my new doctor is that she's only there in the offfice 2 days a week. There is another one there they work when other one is not, but i like the one I saw already. probably eventually i will see the other one too if have to, but i told them this time i dont and want to see the one i already saw cus i like her.
anyway, the volunteer training prolly will be rescheduled for next week and she will let me know tomorrow. hopefully i can get myselef there this time.
Forgiveness is letting go of the hope that the past could have been any different --Unknown

monkeybee responded:
I'm so sorry that you are having such a hard time and I know this is a hard transition to make. Please don't beat yourself up for it; guilt is such a wasted emotion! I hope you can get this depression under control and get yourself up and out next time. ((Hugs))

ddnos replied to monkeybee's response:
Thank you, Sarah
Forgiveness is letting go of the hope that the past could have been any different --Unknown

bpcookie responded:
aaawwww so sorry honey. I know that you feel disappointed but you shouldn't. You intended to go but were UNABLE to go. I have issues with getting out and doing the things that I say I am going to do, like go down the street to Walgreen's, its only down the road and I still don't go. I intend to spend time with my uncle but I don't. I intend to do a lot of things but I end up not doing them. I don't know what the problem is but I have issues with following through what I intend to do. So I kinda know how you feel and what your going through. But I have no ideas on how to fix our problem. Big hugs sweetie.
We will be friends until we are old and senile,.........then we will be new friends!!

ibex7 responded:
Hello ladies,

I can't get over the fact that it is the third week of spring. For guys, it means trudging to work isn't in the dark anymore. Leave the heavy jacket and the hoodie at home. Outside work is still sort of a drag.

For you ladies, its a different scene altogether. Flowery dresses with contrasting sweaters. (BTW Cookie, love your new pic) Capri pants with attractive shoes. Anticipating sunshine from dawn to dusk and a sparkle in your eye for every attentive male.

What I'm trying to say is SAD is going away for another six months, time to brighten up a little and watch the sky for fun and enjoyable times during spring/summer. New hairstyle, tanning butter, Easter fashions. If my forelegs were longer, I'd give each one of you a big hug and a little nuzzle on the neck. Happy Easter to All.
Sometimes you don't mean to say what you mean to say you mean.

margaroo replied to ibex7's response:
((((((((((((((( Debbie ))))))))))))))))

Sweetie, you did the right thing. You were able to know that you were not ready for this interview, and you were able to understand this before you went. That was a smart and brave decision. Like Sarah said, don't beat yourself up. I do this all the time, and you have called me on it more than once.

Be gentle with yourself and know you are in my heart and thoughts.

Hundreds of hugs,

Maggie

( It seems that Goat clicked on the wrong post, Goat, time to get your glasses checked)
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.

bpcookie replied to ibex7's response:
aaaawwwwww Goat, your such a smooth talker and the sweetest guy I know, along with my hubby. The dress that I'm wearing in my new pic. has flowers on it and I bought new shoes. wwwooottttt. You know us women too well. Every attentive male? lol Not for me. I'm 48 and the only attentive guys are those lonely 80 yr olds at the grocery store who dress like hippies and the VERY few younger guys who are looking for Cougars. *meow* hehehe. Take care Goat.
We will be friends until we are old and senile,.........then we will be new friends!!

ddnos replied to bpcookie's response:
Thanks Cookie!

ddnos replied to margaroo's response:
Thanks Maggie - I'm allowed to call you on it, but you aren't allowed to call me on it lol New rules, deary, keep up with them!

Hugs
Debbie

ibex7 replied to margaroo's response:
Oh not at all, Maggie,

Whenever I sense the topic here on the board is wavering toward lack of confidence and somebody's loss of personal appeal. I get motivated by a signature line that I saw here first:

"When it seems like you can't do anything right . . . . . Go left!"
Sometimes you don't mean to say what you mean to say you mean.

margaroo replied to ibex7's response:
Good excuse, Goat.

~ Maggie
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.

Featuring Experts

Joseph F. Goldberg, MD, is a Clinical Professor of Psychiatry, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, New York, NY. He also maintains a private prac...More

Health Insurance in Your State

Learn about plans, benefits, and costs in your state's Marketplace.

From WebMD

Helpful Tips

NSAIDS and lithiumExpert
Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (eg, Motrin/ibuprofen, Advil, Naprosyn) raise lithium levels by about 20%. We often therefore say ... More
Was this Helpful?
67 of 90 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.