Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, get to the ER.

*No Dr Outside Contact Please*
I HATE SATURDAYS...daily may contain TRIGGERS
melly2210 posted:
Afternoon all....

Weather: Sunny and hot....go figure

Sleep: Yeah...that didn't happen

Mood: Aggravated, scared, anxiety at a level 20, bouncing between sadness and being pissed off

Plans: Took dh to hospital - he is now on involuntary and being prepped for transport to a unit 1 1/2 away. Just got home. Have had to tell his sister about it but that he doesn't want to see her, and she's going to take care of their Mom...cause if I go over there, it isn't going to be pretty, He fell off the wagon in a MAJOR way. Possibly involving sex with another woman (afraid to ask him about that part). Pdoc @ hospital who did eval feels there are a multitude of issues to treat him for ranging from substance abuse, to depression, suicidal, the schizo is out of control. Too many meds being introduced to his system at once may have interferred with the meds that keep him level. So I think the plan is to wean him off of EVERYTHING (a total of 14 meds) excluding the Plavix cause he can't miss that at all, and then reevaluate what he needs psyche, cardio and diabetic. Not looking at a short term stay. Of course, there is no gas in the car...it needs oil....and I have $5 o last until the 1st. I'm going to have to call my mom for help with a tank full of gas at least. I'm in shock right now I think. Just kind of numb even typing this out. But other than that the anxiety is through the roof. Other than a month of being alone here, there's too much to figure out at the moment. And I don't want to think about any of it.

Hope you are all having much better Saturday than i am.

Hope is that thing with feathers that perches in the soul and sings the tune without the words and never stops... at all. ~Emily Dickinson

jselleck responded:
(((((((Melly)))))))), so sorry you are going through all this mess. My heart goes out to you. What a rotten end to your week. I hope your husband gets better soon.

Weather: Overcast and humid??? Yes, humid. Go figure.

Sleep: Not enough. Couldn't sleep last night so I didn't go to bed til 8 this morning, then had to get up early to do hubbie's uniform. Sigh.

Mood: Shrug.

Plans: Already late in the day, can't really do much. Found this really good recipe I want to try for dinner tomorrow. Hoping someone will take me to Wal-mart to get what I don't have to fix it. Yea, right. May have to make due with what we bought yesterday. Hope it's enough because hubbie ate the second package I was hoping to serve. (Gotta love him.) That's my Saturday. Have a blessed weekend and I hope you all enjoy time with your family tomorrow.

J

Betzy11 responded:
That is how I feel today. It is Saturday and very depressd today. , angry and very unhappy with my self. Guess that goes along with this illness.
hope your life inproves..

Featuring Experts

Joseph F. Goldberg, MD, is a Clinical Professor of Psychiatry, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, New York, NY. He also maintains a private prac...More

Helpful Tips

NSAIDS and lithiumExpert
Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (eg, Motrin/ibuprofen, Advil, Naprosyn) raise lithium levels by about 20%. We often therefore say ... More
Was this Helpful?
69 of 92 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.