Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, get to the ER.

*No Dr Outside Contact Please*
OMG...I cannot believe it! poss TRIGGER..OT
melly2210 posted:
The crisis unit/rehab is discharging hubby thurs or fri. He is supposed to see his reg pdoc (who isn't treating the schizo) on monday and once a week thereafter. They cannot get him into an intensive outpatient program until....get this....April 26. A MONTH AWAY. He'll switch pdoc to their program then and a tdoc as well plus 3 day/wk of 3 hr sessions. I am so pissed I cannot see straight and apparently there is nothing I can do to stop it cause I've tried everything. So I guess keeping his sober and as stable as possible falls on MY shoulders. Not sure how I am going to do this with his enablers and dealers living within a 5 min walk. Not to mention that his diabetes and cardio issues are still not in control. And he's still having audio and visual hallucinations and hearing voices. Can we say Melly's babysitting service? Mental healthcare really sucks and they wonder why people who aren't getting the treatment they need when they seek it go off the deep end!

Now on to me...saw the opthalmologist today who says that there is nothing wrong with the eye or the muscle itself. There is nothing he can do for me. What is happening and why the vision is so off is that the eyes aren't moving properly. That means that the brain isn't communicating to either eye through the nerves properly. He didn't say it directly, but he implied a stroke. <sigh> So I have to wait til the 14th and even more testing to see wtf has happened with my brain. But it's definately not conversion disorder. I am resisting the urge to call the PCP and tell him F u it isn't. Who's psycho now? And once i get hub settled in, I will be contacting an attorney for personal injury and malpractice.

Hope is that thing with feathers that perches in the soul and sings the tune without the words and never stops... at all. ~Emily Dickinson

bpcookie responded:
Hey sweet heart, So you know its best for him to stay longer and he knows its best, but they are still discharging him anyways? *shakes head* Unreal!! I am sitting hear speechless, I really am.

The thing going on with your eyes must be terrifying!!!! Especially not having a correct answer as to what happened and how to fix it. Hopefully they can find an answer and a solution soon. Take care honey. muahs
We will be friends until we are old and senile,.........then we will be new friends!!

melly2210 replied to bpcookie's response:
They discharged him YESTERDAY. We had the family session with his tdoc there, and I got a change to address my concerns about all of the medical and psychological and substance abuse issues. That I am concerned that he's going to relapse in that extended period of time.....so we have homework:

1) We have to make a written contract between us and sign it detailing out expectations and what each is responsible for starting with where he CAN and CANNOT go (ie; the bar, his mom's without supervision, etc), he has to be responsible for his own medication and once I train him, his own diabetic management. He is also going to have to communicate better by telling me when he is stressing to that point of breakdown again.

2) We're creating a journaling system where he needs to write in his own private journal each day. Then adding another one where he can communicate with me and I have to respond and vice versa.

3) We need to develop an action/consequence plan. A behavior plan. He does xyz, this is the consequence. And he's aware if there is another binge, his stuff will be packed and waiting outside for him when he gets home as well as the locks changed. So am picking up the new locks today.

I'm still not comfortable with the situation and I am completely in charge of finances. I will be going down to the labor pool to start to help make ends meet better and I will also be looking for a PT job that I'll enjoy more and will include a set schedule so I can function better.

As for my eyes, I honestly think the damage is permanent. Unless there is some surgerical option. If I go completely blind, I have long since accepted that weeks ago. People live that way all the time, and so will I. dh is very worried about this condition and he's going to have to find a way to manage that stress. My other senses are already accomodating the vision issues. They're much more sensitive. And I'm not so much scared now but more po'd at the dr's and the level of care I've received because they've written it off as psycho stuff.

Thanks the the concern cookie......I just need prayers prayers and prayers if anyone does that sort of thing here. And just support!

Hope is that thing with feathers that perches in the soul and sings the tune without the words and never stops... at all. ~Emily Dickinson

Featuring Experts

Joseph F. Goldberg, MD, is a Clinical Professor of Psychiatry, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, New York, NY. He also maintains a private prac...More

Helpful Tips

Differentiating bipolar disorder from borderline personality disorderExpert
Borderline personality disorder is a condition in which people can very easily become angry and upset in response to stresses -- especially ... More
Was this Helpful?
107 of 124 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.