Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, get to the ER.

*No Dr Outside Contact Please*
Do I have Bipolar Disorder?
An_251387 posted:
Basically, my parents have gotten a divorce lately. I've been so concerned of my future with my boyfriend and ending up like them that I have almost forced him to promise to stay with me. I have these moments of on and off sadness. I feel happy one moment and right when my mind is clear, I think about things that bother me and how i'm always worried that now my boyfriend will leave me. I'm too afraid of my future now and i've lost all hope in things. My grades have fallen and I can't bring myself to care. I haven't been hanging with friends as much, i've been trying to avoid my house.Since my mom left my dad for another guy, I am mad and angry at her but i'm too afraid of my own mother. I can fight with my dad but I can't bring myself to talk to my mom like that.I know I shouldn't want to disobey but I can't bring myself to ever break rules because i've been actually afraid of my mom for years. Other than that, i'm losing friends and such but does this sound like anything to you?

slik_kitty responded:
it could be situational depression because of the divorce, but i'm not a doc and can't say. only a pdoc can diagnose you.

Featuring Experts

Joseph F. Goldberg, MD, is a Clinical Professor of Psychiatry, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, New York, NY. He also maintains a private prac...More

Helpful Tips

Screen out people who can't seem to "get it"....
There are some people who can't or won't understand at all. My wife is bipolar, and some people are more understanding than others. We ... More
Was this Helpful?
34 of 40 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.