Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, get to the ER.

*No Dr Outside Contact Please*
Crashing Symptoms
An_251442 posted:
I am bipolar (along with PTSD and numerous physical issues). This has happened to me several times (and I unfortunately don't realize it until I'm in the middle of it.) Sometimes when I get "manic" (this last time I had a whole bunch of schoolwork due) I stay up late (3:00-4:00 AM for 2-3 weeks, only went to sleep after taking Seroquel. At the end of this marathon I had a rather critical review on a photography project - on the way home I started getting dizzy and having a difficult time staying focused - almost ran off the road a couple of times. When I got home I just laid back until the dizziness went away (my body actually went clonic) but when that was over I felt drained and very depressed. I have not read what the symptoms of crashing are - and wonder if that's what I experienced. This was not the first time - I get concerned about driving, but how would I know what's going to happen?

slik_kitty responded:
the dizzyness and stuff is probably due to lack of sleep. sounds like you did crash though.

Featuring Experts

Joseph F. Goldberg, MD, is a Clinical Professor of Psychiatry, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, New York, NY. He also maintains a private prac...More

Helpful Tips

Differentiating bipolar disorder from borderline personality disorderExpert
Borderline personality disorder is a condition in which people can very easily become angry and upset in response to stresses -- especially ... More
Was this Helpful?
109 of 126 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.