Skip to content

Announcements

Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, get to the ER.

*No Dr Outside Contact Please*
Could Celexa be Causing These Issues
AppleAndy posted:
My wife has cycled through Depression for the 16 years I've known her. I've often thought that maybe it was Bipolar instead, but she has refused to investigate. We've been on the verge of Divorce at least twice before because she decides she doesn't want to be married. We have always managed to reconcile over a period of a month or two. I love her very much, and refuse to let an illness drive us apart, sometimes to the point of being an enabler. 6 months ago she started taking Celexa instead of Xanax, Dr said the change was because she quit smoking. Since then she has grown increasingly distant, and we are back to "I don't feel connected and don't want to be married to you." This time it is accompanied by severe behavioral changes: staying out late, drinking way more than ever, a need to exercise excessively when she used to lead a sedentary lifestyle, etc. If Bipolar is the real diagnosis, and she is currently on an up swing while taking Celexa, could this cause the behavioral changes, and how do I get her to investigate it?

Featuring Experts

Joseph F. Goldberg, MD, is a Clinical Professor of Psychiatry, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, New York, NY. He also maintains a private prac...More

Helpful Tips

Kee pyour head up
Don't let this illness bring you down. Always keep you head to the sky because someone is watching you and I. Sometimes this illness can ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.