Skip to content

Announcements

Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, get to the ER.

*No Dr Outside Contact Please*
Obama is at it again!!!
bpcookie posted:
The Senate voted down his new gun law BUT he is now over stepping the Senate and " is turning to actions within his own power to keep people from buying a gun who are prohibited for mental health reasons." Dr./patient privacy laws are there for a reason. We also have a Senate for a reason so that the pres. has to go through them to pass a law. If he does this once, then he will do it again and again. He has an ego the size of his big fat ears.

Who will determine who's mental illness is serious enough to put them on the Red Flag list? Government, thats who. Eventually all mentally ill ppl. will be red flagged. Pres. Big Ears is causing everyone to look at Bipolar patients as being dangerous, whether we are or not.

The person who sent Pres. Dumbo the poisoned letter just happens to be Bipolar. GREAT!!!! Now when an atrocious crime is committed, they will dig into their medical records hoping that they find a mental illness, that way the government can point out how unstable we are.

Obama reminds me of King Henry the VIII. King Henry had something similar to a Senate, kinda sorta. Then one day the King decided that he didn't need ppl to vote on everything, he would take matters into his own hands. For example *treason*, treason was anything the King said it was. Just like Obama, a dangerous mentally ill person is anyone he says it is.
Please join my community called GRUMPY GROUPIES (scroll down/Related Mental Health Communities/More/click). Fun and serious topics, nothing is taboo. So get on over there. Weirdo's are welcomed.

ibex7 responded:
lol Cooks, you know a joker when you see one. Too bad this guy has to overstep HIS freedoms to walk all over yours and mine.
Sometimes you don't mean to say what you mean to say you mean.

bpcookie replied to ibex7's response:
You said it Goat.
Please join my community called GRUMPY GROUPIES (scroll down/Related Mental Health Communities/More/click). Fun and serious topics, nothing is taboo. So get on over there. Weirdo's are welcomed.

jselleck replied to bpcookie's response:
I still think President Obama is one of the best Presidents we've had in a long time. However, I do have to agree with you two. I don't own a gun, I have no plans to own a gun, I probably never will own a gun, however every American has the right to bare arms. It's in the constitution. Now I don't agree with the NRA and their policies, I happen to think we need more gun control. But that's just me. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. (1st amendment) We live in like the second oldest democracy and in my opinion one of the best nations in the world, you'd think we'd be able to come together on something this simple and pass some legislature. How sad that we can't.

J

Anneinside responded:
I can agree with you on one point, the mental health aspect of the gun law can quickly get out of control and shouldn't be part of it. I do find it offensive to include personal attacks especially on how someone looks or has no control over. It is not much different than when nasty things are said about people with mental illness.

bpcookie replied to Anneinside's response:
Anneinside, your right. I shouldn't make fun of the way he looks. I was trying to add a sense of humor to the subject but failed miserably. I apologize to anyone that I may have offended.

ddnos responded:
Cookie, you said, "Who will determine who's mental illness is serious enough to put them on the Red Flag list?" Out of the kindness of my heart, I will volunteer, Ok? There! That's settled! lol
Forgiveness is letting go of the hope that the past could have been any different --Unknown

bpcookie replied to ddnos's response:
Doodles, you were on the Red Flag list before they even had a list. hehehe

29tlc replied to bpcookie's response:
I think the president should take a look at how people with mental dissorders are treated or lack there of. Maybe if they fixed our health care sittuation and foccused more on helping the large population of americans with mental dissorders who are un able to work, get proper meds, see a therapist and see how much that would help our ecconomy. I for one was turned away by the er after trying to commit suicide two years ago for not having insurance I couldnt work because I couldnt get the medication I needed " by the way never wanted to harm any body!" but I could have been helped if there was medical out there. So my point is help people not take more away and do not judge people you think he would be the last to judge being the first black president.

bpcookie replied to 29tlc's response:
29tlc, Very well said!!! I totally agree. He needs help the mentally ill instead of trying to hurt us by making us look like gun wielding maniacs. I think its a GREAT idea to fix the health care system instead of concentrating on how dangerous we could be.

I am very sorry that you were turned away from the ER. That should NEVER happen to anyone.

Featuring Experts

Joseph F. Goldberg, MD, is a Clinical Professor of Psychiatry, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, New York, NY. He also maintains a private prac...More

Helpful Tips

Differentiating bipolar disorder from borderline personality disorderExpert
Borderline personality disorder is a condition in which people can very easily become angry and upset in response to stresses -- especially ... More
Was this Helpful?
110 of 127 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.