Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, get to the ER.

*No Dr Outside Contact Please*
I find myself all alone at times - no support
wiccanwillow65 posted:
My family has disowned me ever since I was diagnosed with Bi-Polar. My daughter calls me the Bi-Polar psycho bitch from hell and tries to break her father and myself up. I have a good counselor but only see her once every two weeks and it is hard for me to talk to her about some things. I have a good doctor but it doesn't seem like my medications are working anymore and am not sure how to talk to him about it. I have been through ECT and so many medications, been through DBT skills workshop and alot of other workshops on how to deal with Bi-Polar right now I am at the point of giving up once again.

slik_kitty responded:
welcome to the group. keep trying. sometimes you need to go back and retry old meds in new combinations. the right meds are out there for you.

Featuring Experts

Joseph F. Goldberg, MD, is a Clinical Professor of Psychiatry, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, New York, NY. He also maintains a private prac...More

Helpful Tips

new
hello everyone.. new to this..hope to talk to others who knows how it is having bipolar. More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 2 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.