Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, get to the ER.

*No Dr Outside Contact Please*
newly diagnosed
29tlc posted:
I was diagnosed with BPD back in october which was a releaf and hard to hear all at once. I am trying to cope with this and manage it all and cant seem to find a way to...
I have so many ups and downs that it is taking a towl on my family, work and friends,I just want to feel normal feel like I can live a productive life have fun with mu friends and family with out getting overwhelmed and having anxiety. Fallow threw with things. keep a job I have a hard time with working because of my depression I miss alot of work and also have mood swings at work just deppending on the week.I have come to tearms with switching meds and finding the right ones and I have a great therapist. if any body has advice please help anything has to be better then what I am doing now.

slik_kitty responded:
sometimes it takes a while to find the right meds. keep trying. tell your doc your symptoms. you will find the right meds.

29tlc replied to slik_kitty's response:
Thank you; ) today is espicialy hard my body hurts I have a ulcer and I have to go to work and I just want to lay in bed I have no motivation. its days like this I dont know if I can go on like this forever I have bills to pay and im in debt. so I have no choice but to push threw it for my family. im a care giver so I take care of people all day long and then have to come home and take care of my family by the end of the day i have no patients left and then my family suffers. I have no choice but to keep working the job I have because I live in a small town that is all plants and production work and I tried to work one of those jobs and there all grave yard which took its tole on me and sent me into a complete manic phase and i almost lost my family and at tha ttime i was not diagnosed so I just thought I was having a mid life crisis. We moved here from a big city and have no family so that means no support. im just so lost all the time and my family is suffering from my deppresion and extream anxiety. Im scared that they wont hold on long enough for me to find the right meds which my therapist says only can fix so much the rest i have to fix.

thanks for your advice and sorry for the long story of venting

slik_kitty replied to 29tlc's response:
responded on your other thread.

Featuring Experts

Joseph F. Goldberg, MD, is a Clinical Professor of Psychiatry, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, New York, NY. He also maintains a private prac...More

Helpful Tips

Differentiating bipolar disorder from borderline personality disorderExpert
Borderline personality disorder is a condition in which people can very easily become angry and upset in response to stresses -- especially ... More
Was this Helpful?
109 of 126 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.