Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, get to the ER.

*No Dr Outside Contact Please*
Dream a little Dream (trigger) OT a Little
mattthecat posted:
My wife and I have been talking about dreams as of late and we both seem to have very different dream life's when we sleep. My wife thinks that my dreams that include cartoon characters Like scooby doo or science fiction characters like captain kirk or spock are very unusual. So I am curious am i the only one who remembers dreams from time to time and does any one else dream of fictional characters or some thing from the movies or TV? If not what do you dream of? As for me lately I have been dreaming of group counselling sessions with Albert Eisenstein as the therapist and gilligan, Eric Estrada, William Shatner, Gary Coleman and my self as the group. although the group and councilor can very in the four nights I had this dream.
So what do all of you think? Are dreams one of those taboo topics that no one should speak about or is it ok to dream about Scooby Doo and Shaggy to. Any help would be appreciated.

Matt

slik_kitty responded:
dreams are just the mind's way of dealing with the day. sometimes dreams have meaning, and sometimes they don't. i rarely remember my dreams. most times the characters in my dreams are people i don't know and i don't see their faces. someone interpret that one for me. he he he

mattthecat replied to slik_kitty's response:
Slik_kitty I feel the same way about the mind dealing with day concerning the dreams. In the past when I have been dealing with a tough problem and it is starting to stress me out some times my dreams will point me in the right direction. On more than one occasion the fictional character Spock from Star Trek will counsel me on my problems. For any one who knows start trek you will probably laugh when I say he tells me to do the logical thing and try control my emotions.
So thanks Slik_kitty I like your response.

Matt

mattthecat replied to mattthecat's response:
bump

Featuring Experts

Joseph F. Goldberg, MD, is a Clinical Professor of Psychiatry, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, New York, NY. He also maintains a private prac...More

Helpful Tips

Differentiating bipolar disorder from borderline personality disorderExpert
Borderline personality disorder is a condition in which people can very easily become angry and upset in response to stresses -- especially ... More
Was this Helpful?
108 of 125 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.