Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, get to the ER.

*No Dr Outside Contact Please*
Fully Cycling and I need Help
Heathieana posted:
I am a hypomanic rapid cycling bipolar and Ive been treating since i was 14. Around the age of 21 I found a good groove with medication and treatment and became very very stable. I moved out of my mothers house and in with my girlfriend (who is now my fiancee) into both of our very first apartment in Feb of this year. i also changed shifts at my job to the graveyard shift to secure a set amount of hours in a company that is going through budget cuts after budget cuts. i was switched from my long term medication Zyprexa to Lithium because over the 6 years i was on it I gained an alarming amount of weight that was beyond vanity and crossed over into health concerns. ive been taking the medication religiously but i think the stress of living on my own, being in a ful time 24hr relationship, the sleep changes and routine changes of the new work schedule, the overwhelming concern about money and bills.... bills.. bills, and all of it all at once is hurting me as to now i am in a full tail spin cycle. I have not been suicidal or violent at all, i am just horribly irritated and horrible with my money. Ive been really sexual constantly for a period and then i wont want to be touched or even kissed for awhile. i called my doctor and they said the would try and find me an appointment but im scared at my mental well being until then. its been so long since ive cycled that everything i used to do isnt and hasnt worked... HELP???

Featuring Experts

Joseph F. Goldberg, MD, is a Clinical Professor of Psychiatry, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, New York, NY. He also maintains a private prac...More

Helpful Tips

Differentiating bipolar disorder from borderline personality disorderExpert
Borderline personality disorder is a condition in which people can very easily become angry and upset in response to stresses -- especially ... More
Was this Helpful?
108 of 125 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.