Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, get to the ER.

*No Dr Outside Contact Please*
who inspires you?? possible trigger
jselleck posted:
Thought this might be fun. Enjoy.

1) My 2nd grade teacher Mrs. Royce who taught me it's okay to read a lot.

2) My Middle School gym teacher Mr. Phillips who told me to reach for my dreams.

3) My 6th grad Math teacher Mr. Hall who like Mrs. Royce told me it's okay to read a lot.

4) My High School Journalism teacher Mrs. G. who believed in me and my dreams to become a writer.

5) My mentor Andrea who besides being my babysiter when I was young, taught me about Christ and to trust him.

6) My friend Tony who did likewise.

7) My college Spanish Professor Ms Pianca who encourages me and helped me master the Spanish language. Well, enough to graduate.

My cousin Nathan who's always been more like my brother than my cousin.

9) My husband and best friend Matthew who's not only stood by my side no matter what, but inspired me to be the best that I can be.

J

melly2210 responded:
Hmmm...interesting.

1. Ds1 because he's had the strength and maturity to fight his own MI and his paternal family to follow his dreams. Mature beyond his age.

2. DS1 because he is still innocent and makes me see the world in his own light.

3. DH because, to spite all the problems, he continues on learning how to live differently.

4. Ms. Biscan, my junior and sr yr high school honors English teacher who taught me how to write and analyze books and life. She also kept me going through college with personal letters of encouragement.

5. A co-patient in a crisis unit who made me realize at the time that living was worth fighting for in recovery. She also had a macular (sp) disease that would cause horrible pain and a rapid decrease in her vision until she was blind. I've thought of her often recently because of my own declining vision problems.

6. My 3 best friends who ALWAYS support and encourage me to spite their own battles.

7. My cousin by previous marriage, who battled through addiction, had a special needs child, and is now going through basically the same medical issues with me. Without her understanding and mutual support, I'm not sure that either of us would remain stable to continue (also has BP) the seemingly never ending medical tests without definitive results.

Hope is that thing with feathers that perches in the soul and sings the tune without the words and never stops... at all. ~Emily Dickinson

bpcookie responded:
1. My husband
Please join my community called GRUMPY GROUPIES ( http://exchanges.webmd.com/grumpy-groupies ) Fun and serious topics, nothing is taboo. So get on over there. Weirdo's are welcomed.

Featuring Experts

Joseph F. Goldberg, MD, is a Clinical Professor of Psychiatry, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, New York, NY. He also maintains a private prac...More

Helpful Tips

NSAIDS and lithiumExpert
Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (eg, Motrin/ibuprofen, Advil, Naprosyn) raise lithium levels by about 20%. We often therefore say ... More
Was this Helpful?
68 of 91 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.