Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, get to the ER.

*No Dr Outside Contact Please*
how to slow down mania stage of bipolar
vickyka posted:
have noticed me getting mania lately. anyone have any suggestions of what i can donaturally?

mattthecat responded:
The root cause extra happy chemicals in the brain can only be treated with medicine distributed by medical professionals like a psychiatrist or MD . But there are ways to cope with the symptoms and from what i have heard they very greatly from person to person because each person seems use there manic energy in there own way. Getting a good professional counselor seem to be the easiest way to figure what simple coping mechanisms work for each person. For example some people get angry really easy when they are manic and a councilor could go through anger management course with the person to give them the simple tricks your talking about.
So to sum it up you seeking help for bipolar disorder especially mania mean getting medical help.
By the way you may want to respond to my response with what your symptoms of mania are and the others on this board may be able to tell you what they do to cope those same symptoms. Mania symptoms do seem to very greatly.

Matt

Featuring Experts

Joseph F. Goldberg, MD, is a Clinical Professor of Psychiatry, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, New York, NY. He also maintains a private prac...More

Helpful Tips

NSAIDS and lithiumExpert
Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (eg, Motrin/ibuprofen, Advil, Naprosyn) raise lithium levels by about 20%. We often therefore say ... More
Was this Helpful?
68 of 91 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.