Skip to content

Announcements

Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, get to the ER.

*No Dr Outside Contact Please*
Depressed
29tlc posted:
Today is my birthday and I new i didnt want to cilibrate it this year because i just lost my grandmother who I was extreamly close to my dad has found a new family I was diagnosed with bipolar and have a job I cant stand, my daughter was just diagnosed with ADHD and my son starts therapy this week for depression and enxiety. Its been a tough year and today is one of those days you look back at your life and think wow what have i acomplished well me its being a mother which i am more then greatful for but then i see what there going threw and it breaks my heart to know that everything they are going threw is passed down and I worry about them so much.

This morning started out with a phone call from my grandfather telling me happy birthday when it used to be my grandma who was he first to call and I could hear him trying to not to cry on the phone which upset me because I wanted to hear her voice as well.
Then a text from my dad saying happy birthday love you. thats it no phone call nothing he found himself a new family new kids and all he just started seeing this lady 6months ago and was a huge part of my life before her and her family.
So while getting ready for work drying my hair i lost it and i havent had a good day all day.

I cant wait for another day.

slik_kitty responded:
happy bday! sorry it was a bad day. sometimes when we don't get what we need from others, we have to give it to ourselves. so treat yourself to something nice today.

29tlc replied to slik_kitty's response:
Thank you

Yep thats how the rest of my night went.

ibex7 responded:
As we age, the number of very emotional memories log into our minds. Its important, as bipolars, to try to separate those memories from our responsible actions we need to carry out today. As best you can, direct your efforts to your needs for today and sort out those feelings of loss, disappointment, and heartache for today,s accomplishments. The guy who said," Live life one day at a time". had something going for him.
Best wishes.
Sometimes you don't mean to say what you mean to say you mean.

ibex7 replied to 29tlc's response:
Also, Happy Birthday!!
Sometimes you don't mean to say what you mean to say you mean.

29tlc replied to ibex7's response:
Thank you, good advice for every day living.

Featuring Experts

Joseph F. Goldberg, MD, is a Clinical Professor of Psychiatry, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, New York, NY. He also maintains a private prac...More

Helpful Tips

new
hello everyone.. new to this..hope to talk to others who knows how it is having bipolar. More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 2 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.