Skip to content

Announcements

Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, get to the ER.

*No Dr Outside Contact Please*
Torrential Thursday - daily may contain TRIGGERS
melly2210 posted:
Morning!

Weather: Exactly what the title is - torrential rain. In the last 48 hours we've gotten about 7 inches and it's scheduled to rain for the next week.

Sleep: Still restless. More nightmares and weird dreams. Having difficulty breathing while laying down still.

Mood: Frustrated. Anxious

Plans: Laundry. Dishes. Fold Laundry. Dinner. Rest. Watch it rain. That is all.

Have a good day while I "Row row row the boat"

Hope is that thing with feathers that perches in the soul and sings the tune without the words and never stops... at all. ~Emily Dickinson

bpcookie responded:
Hello dahlings

Weather: hot and windy

Sleep: ok

Mood: Things have not been good. I cry all the time. Im having anxiety attacks and depression. Not exactly sure whats wrong. Not sure if its physical, mental or both. I'm kinda scared.

Plans: Im gonna cry, thats for sure, other than that, I just don't know

muahs
Please join my community called GRUMPY GROUPIES ( http://exchanges.webmd.com/grumpy-groupies ) Fun and serious topics, nothing is taboo. So get on over there. Weirdo's are welcomed.

ddnos replied to bpcookie's response:
Cookie, I'm sorry you are feeling so badly - I can certainly relate! I'm still holding hope for you - hope that some day soon your pain will go away!

Forgiveness is letting go of the hope that the past could have been any different --Unknown

DizzyJgirl responded:
Hello to all

Weather: sunny and beautiful

Sleep: so-so

Mood: trying

Plans: went to the gym, have Physical Therapy this afternoon, then need to do some errands.

Melly, the rain sounds like it is getting old. Are you in danger of any flooding? Hope you are safe.

Cookie, I am sorry to hear you are struggling. Can you do something nice for yourself? Work on your crafts, go for a walk or are you in too much pain?
I know where my mood would be if it weren't for my oldest son. He dropped out of the college this winter and just sits home. I get a lot of grief about it from the family because I don't push him more. But things happen for a reason and he is here to talk with me and help me without even knowing how much he helps me.
Anyhoo...I hope your day improves. Thinking of you and sending hugs...xo
Live Life Loud

ddnos responded:
Weather - supposed to be low 70's

Sleep - I didn't

Mood - Ok

Plans - do some house cleaning; grocery shopping, therapy writing, get caught up on some spreadsheet stuff.

I'm worried because my blood pressure is starting to spike up again because of my adrenaline levels. My doctor had me decrease Nardil by a half a pill starting this past Tuesday in hopes that it will slow things down at least a little bit. But I simply can NOT go through what I did about 4 years ago when I had to go off Nardil (temporarily). I was SO sick physically and more depressed than I had ever been. I know that IF I have to go off Nardil that I may not have the same reaction, but it was so bad that it would have to get pretty bad for me to do it again. I'm going to try not to "borrow trouble" by continuing to worry about this because a few spikes of my blood pressure does not mean that it's going to be an issue again, and it doesn't mean I'm going to have to go off Nardil again. I have to remind myself to cross that bridge when and IF I ever have to go there. That will be my mantra for a while. But I've been such a mess for quite a few months now that one more bump in the road has me shaking. Things DO get better though, and for that I can put my hope.

Debbie
Forgiveness is letting go of the hope that the past could have been any different --Unknown

DizzyJgirl replied to ddnos's response:
(((Debbie))) Hope your day improves too! I am behind on everything but I have thought about you. Take care!
Live Life Loud

ddnos replied to DizzyJgirl's response:
{{{{{{{{{{{{{DJ}}}}}}}}}}}} Thank you! I hope you are able to get caught up on your stuff today, or at least get a good start on it!

May your day be filled with hope.......

Debbie

melly2210 replied to bpcookie's response:
I am so sorry things are not improving on the pain front. I know how it feels to have something wrong with no end in sight. Hang in there. Big hugs coming your way.

Hope is that thing with feathers that perches in the soul and sings the tune without the words and never stops... at all. ~Emily Dickinson

melly2210 replied to DizzyJgirl's response:
We are not IN a flood zone, but there's been so much rain at once that everything is flooding. Depending where you are, it drains pretty quickly, but not always. We haven't really had a big enough break for it to dry out. I'm ok here. We're close to the area with that sink hole that swallowed the man. About a mile or two actually. So I am concerned with all the rain. It messes with the stability of the ground, let alone an area prone to it.

I am glad you have your son to talk to and he's willing to do so. Forget what everyone thinks. He's your son no matter how old he is. Tell them to go you know where.

melly2210 replied to ddnos's response:
Debbie, Hope you feel better soon.

Just a suggestion IF you have to come off the Nargil again. Maybe you could talk to your doctor about being admitted to a hospital so they can monitor your blood pressure and help you come off the Nargil with less withdrawal symptoms if you had done it yourself. Somehow that option seems healthier than cold-turkey on your own. I would remind the dr that you have other existing medical conditions that could be impacted by a sudden removal of your Nargil and withdrawal symptoms, especially since you have had symtoms with the last time it happened.

That being said, I really really really HOPE you don't have to come off the Nargil and that it is just a blip on the radar. Sending hugs your way.

Mel

ddnos replied to melly2210's response:
Thanks Mel,

Just FYI re when I had to go off Nardil last time. I went off it with a doctor supervision and actually took a total of 3 months to wean off (took a slight break, so technically was probably 2 months). But I had a reaction that I would have had to go through no matter what. I had 24/7 nausia for 5 months, which was absolutely horrible. I was so afraid it would never go away. I had several other symptoms, but that was the worse one physically and the mental/emotional part didn't even start to happen until about two months after completely off Nardil.

So, IF I should have to go off it again - I would probably wean off it even slower - I've been on it for 22 years, so my body doesn't much like it when I go off. lol But I do have lots of support if it happens, and it might not even be as bad - tho I don't want to find out!

Re hospital - I have too much fear re hospitals that I would do worse there, and also, because it takes so long for me to wean off the med and there would be nothing they could do to take away the nausea if i had that again, I'd rather stay at home or with my mom than at a hospital. My doc gave me several diff kinds of anti-nausea meds, even those they give to cancer patients, but none of it worked. I begged for Nardil so I wouldn't be sick anymore. Sigh. The thought of it is almost unbearable.

Thanks for your thoughts and suggestion.

Off topic - who do you think will get voted off tonight? Who do you think will win? I think all 4 girls are really good this year, making it hard for me to have a fav lol. They really all are great - I just don't like the style of all of them, but they sure can sing!

Hugs

Debbie

jselleck replied to ddnos's response:
hi guys. Sorry I haven't been on much lately. My back feels like someone is shoving red hot pokers all over it so being on the computer has been out. Feeling better today a little.

Weather: Friggin' COLD!!! 40's and May have no bussiness going together. Supposed to be even colder tomorrow. Yuck!!!

Sleep: Okay.

Mood: Mixed episodes out the ying yang. Got ganged up on by both counselors, fortunetly pdoc took my side.

Plans: Do some reading if my eyesight allows it. (having problems with meds again.) Need to do some cleaning, don't know if I will or not. Haven't felt like doing much of anything lately. Cookie hope you feel better soon. Can soo sympathise. Need to run. Have a good day my friends. Oh, Melly, hope your place doesn't get flooded. Been through a few of those myself. ((((((( HUGS)))))))))

melly2210 replied to ddnos's response:
Ok..I don't think I was around when you did the last ween...or my brain forgot it as it's doing a lot of that lately. Hang in there and I am hoping you don't need to go through that again.

On the Idol world (lol) I think Amber is going to go home. I think last night Candice blew it away last night and will be safe this week. Could go differently because they are combining the results from last week. Kree will probably be 2nd and safe....we shall see. I love Kree's voice and purity. Candice? I think there is too much "vocal olympics" there. Angie is awesome and will go far when she starts singing her own songs. And Amber is simply to stiff. Mind you, this is only my opinion.

What do you think"?

ddnos replied to melly2210's response:
Well, I think I agree that it's a good chance that Amber will go home tonight. It's at the point where I hate to see anyone go home, you know? lol I don't think that Kree will go home tonight even though I wasn't personally thrilled with her song choice. Like you, I love her voice and her purity - her authenticty. I think when it comes down to it, many people like that too. Re Candice - yeah, I agree re the vocal gymnasitcs she does, but at the same time, I think she's incredible. The problem that I think I have with her is that because of those "vocal gymnasitcs" many of her songs sound the same. BUT, that could also be said of every one of them, i.e. their songs sound much the same because it's thier way of singing. lol But, I guess I have always been impressed with Candice even though she's not really my style. Now for Angie....I fell in love with her during the audtions where she played/sang a song that she wrote. Wow! When she did that I thought for sure she would be a contender. Then, for many of the songs followed, she let me down. I mean, that song she wrote was so good that nothing compared after that. I agreed with the judges that she seems to do so much better when she plays the piano - but she did do a couple songs fantastic away from the piano. There's just something about her voice that I don't like when she sings certain songs - it sounds too nasal or something. Nasal is probably not the right word, but it's grating on my ears sometimes. lol BUT, I do love her voice. I think that she has had to try to overcome her tendency to play to the camera and crowd that it comes across phoney sometimes. She's been getting better about that. It's funny how this year, I really don't have someone that I really hope wins. Of those four, the only one that I don't think will win is Amber, even though she's got great voice. I read the reviews of the show last night that's always on Comcast.net and the reviewer rates them according to his opinion and then he also gives the numbers that tweeters vote, and the rating tweeters gave are in this order:

1. Angie
2. Candice
3. Kree
4. Amber

The reviewer rated them:

1. Candice
2. Angie
3. Kree
4. Amber

I think I agree with his rating more - the only diff being 1 and 2.

LOL sorry, I can ramble, huh? lol

Who would you be surprised if got voted off tonight? For me, everyone except for Amber. lol

Do you watch The Voice too? I do, and I actually like it much better than AI.

Ok, gotta get off this computer and do something like get some food! lol

Oh, re my prior weaning off of Nardil - it was about 4 years ago, so you may not have heard about it.

Debbie

Featuring Experts

Joseph F. Goldberg, MD, is a Clinical Professor of Psychiatry, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, New York, NY. He also maintains a private prac...More

Helpful Tips

new
hello everyone.. new to this..hope to talk to others who knows how it is having bipolar. More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 2 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.