Skip to content

Announcements

Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, get to the ER.

*No Dr Outside Contact Please*
Sultry Saturday Daily Post - May contain TRIGGERS
ddnos posted:
Good morning/afternoon, everyone! Wake up call! Time to get up! It's late morning here, but afternoon where some of you are, so toot toot, rise and shine! Bathe in coffee if you have to, but get hopping! lol

Weather - lovely, to be in the mid 70's

Sleep - Slept good, but not many hours - 3 or 4

Mood - pretty good

Plans - I MUST do a thorough house cleaning today, or at least half of the thorough (thor....) lol Get outside in the sunshine and soak up some Dzzzzzzz. My sister made me a mosaic and we are going to custom frame it, so there's a place around here that often has 50% off custom frames, so I may go check them out see what they have. She's finished with the mosaic and I can't wait to hang it up! I will post a picture of it when I get it!

I think I'm going to make some cabbage rolls today - make a bunch of them and freeze in individual servings so I have meals made - they are yummy if I do say so myself, which I just did. lol

Have a great weekend, everyone! Let's all try to focus on the positive in everything today because no matter how bad things get, there's always something positive we can focus on instead! I figure if I need to practice doing that then someone else out there does too; so let's do it, eh?

Debbie
Forgiveness is letting go of the hope that the past could have been any different --Unknown

DizzyJgirl responded:
Hello!

Weather: beautiful again

Sleep: pretty good till birds at my feeder woke me up at about 5am (dang Blue Jays!).

Mood: overall, ok but a bit overwhelmed/resentful. My head is "noisy" but I am just pushing through and as Debbie said...trying to focus on the postive.

Plans: Here's what I have done: gone to the gym, raked (even though I am not supposed to), cleaned the grill, bathed the dog, vacuumed, started making Mother's Day cards. Will be making dinner and possibly doing laundry tonight. Whew. I rarely have days like this when I have the motivation/energy to do much, so trying to make the most of it.
I am resentful because the rest of the family has done almost NOTHING to help. But of course that is my fault because I don't yell or nag about it.

Debbie: I will continue to focus on the positive! Beautiful weather for one.
Live Life Loud

ddnos replied to DizzyJgirl's response:
Wow DJ, you've got a LOT done so far today! Good for you! That's something positive for sure! It's amazing how when we focus on/think about the positive more than/instead of the negative, how our attitude "miraculously" change, eh? I put quotes around "miraculously" because it really isn't all that surprising that such a result would occur, huh? We can really have more control of our feelings with our minds than we realize AND practice!

Have a great rest of the day!

Debbie
Forgiveness is letting go of the hope that the past could have been any different --Unknown

Featuring Experts

Joseph F. Goldberg, MD, is a Clinical Professor of Psychiatry, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, New York, NY. He also maintains a private prac...More

Helpful Tips

Kee pyour head up
Don't let this illness bring you down. Always keep you head to the sky because someone is watching you and I. Sometimes this illness can ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.