Skip to content

Announcements

Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, get to the ER.

*No Dr Outside Contact Please*
Coping
An_251790 posted:
Im new to this website I am bipolar 1 and today my grandmother who is also bipolar is having back surgery she is the only one in my family that can understand me! She may never walk again and Im having a really hard time dealing with it simply bc if I could have just kept my anger in control and not punched a soon to be family member in the face she wouldn't have triped and fell! Then days later someone ran into the back of her car and made her back worse i still cant help but to feel like im the one to blame. I need help dealing with the anger I have built up inside and my one track mind! It's like a hamster wheel tht won't stop spinning!

ibex7 responded:
Hello Anne,
Forgive me for replying with a "you otta' hear MY problem. Next Monday I go in for my back surgery. This is the third surgery I have had since February. All have had cancer as the end diagnosis for a possibility, butt nothing conclusive as yet.

Cognition and reason have already been dismissed and prayer has become my most hopeful relief. I will be remembering your grandmother along with my stress. Best wishes to you both. - goat
Sometimes you don't mean to say what you mean to say you mean.

Featuring Experts

Joseph F. Goldberg, MD, is a Clinical Professor of Psychiatry, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, New York, NY. He also maintains a private prac...More

Helpful Tips

Screen out people who can't seem to "get it"....
There are some people who can't or won't understand at all. My wife is bipolar, and some people are more understanding than others. We ... More
Was this Helpful?
34 of 40 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.