Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, get to the ER.

*No Dr Outside Contact Please*
Strap down
Zakaryneet posted:
well this is my first time as well, im pretty self educated and learn alot on my own, i like to take other peoples advice because i like to ration things out myself. i have big goals in life, almost seem unabtainable. just started meds maybe 2 weeks ago, i cant even keep track of time because i really just dont care. i went cold turkey on cigs and pharmacuticals and fell into a happy mania, everything taste great felt great smelled great sounded great. like right now im typing to the sound of the dog. things are eh right now. the thing is i cant hold back my thoughts or control myself without medication. i started smoking again just to cancle out two senses because i was prepared for the crash. oh i was diagnosed about 2 weeks ago as well.. ever since i found out ive turned my weakness into my strength. and crash. some days are so up and down my heart skips beats i can smile and slowly fade into a frown, i love to sing, and i talk over people. i really just live careless. and im out of money. all typical symptoms of a maniac. and i cant get along with anyone because quote (noone understands me) for real. i call it super intellegence. but im trying to stick to doctors orders. beeen independant my whole life. ugh time for bed. i just wanted to share really...

ibex7 responded:
Welcome Zak,

I think you will find a friendly group here with a common aim, that is to cope with our common condition, and to look for stability in seeking "normal" life habits, and seek dicipline in keeping good self-care. Many members have history of participating for years. Best wishes.
Sometimes you don't mean to say what you mean to say you mean.

bpcookie responded:
Hello Zakary, Its very nice to meet you. Since you have only been on your medication for two weeks, it will take a few more weeks before you start to feel better. Also since you were just recently diagnosed, its probably not a good idea to take huge leaps, like trying to quite smoking. Take on one thing at a time. First things first, stabilize your Bipolar. Once your stable, then you can take on the world. Well, maybe not the world, but you know what I mean.

Welcome to the board.
Please join my community called GRUMPY GROUPIES ( http://exchanges.webmd.com/grumpy-groupies ) Fun and serious topics, nothing is taboo. So get on over there. Weirdo's are welcomed.

DizzyJgirl replied to bpcookie's response:
Welcome. Like Cookie said...unfortunately, your meds need some more time. Just to be realistic...it takes time to find the right meds and dosage but don't give up. Don't be too hard on yourself either. Just do your best. Take care and let us know how it is going.
Live Life Loud

Featuring Experts

Joseph F. Goldberg, MD, is a Clinical Professor of Psychiatry, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, New York, NY. He also maintains a private prac...More

Helpful Tips

Differentiating bipolar disorder from borderline personality disorderExpert
Borderline personality disorder is a condition in which people can very easily become angry and upset in response to stresses -- especially ... More
Was this Helpful?
107 of 124 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.